Dementia

*silhouette

*silhouette

This chapter is extra long mostly cuz I've been working on it for a while. I thought about splitting it up but decided against it. 

*Okay so this song has arguably no relevance to this chapter. BUT it was all I could think of for a song to put in here plus I realllyy love it. Soo...

Enjoyy

~

Junior looked over and past the heads of the murmuring crowd. As he did so a hush fell over the vicinity. She was here, coming toward him. Clover stood dressed in a flowing gown of shimmering white. The train of her dress brushed along the floor behind her and there was a headpiece of pearls in her hair. She walked alongside her father, a graying old man wearing a polished grey suit. His steps were careful and sure as he walked his daughter down the aisle. Being in her presence helped him to feel strong.

~TWO MONTHS AGO~

For hours they had ridden on the train. Clover's head rested on Junior's chest as she dozed peacefully. Junior stroked her back possessively as he looked out of the train car window. He took a deep breath. They were nearly there.

Once on the foreign platform, Junior helped Clover from the train and carried her bags. He followed behind as she and her uncles led the way to a car. Junior had not taken the initiative of introducing himself to any more of her family. If her uncles were anything like Joe, he was sure that he was making the right decision. Before long, the transportation was situated and Junior sat in the backseat of a car with Clover; two of her uncles were up front and driving. Clover held Tommy's hand and gave him a look of encouragement. They were doing this together.

Brinswick was not like Birmingham. Instead of the fuming, smoky black streets, there were rolling hills and open fields. Instead of factories there were chicken farms and instead of congested pedestrian traffic there were long, winding roads.