Tangle

*This is genuinely my favorite song right now

Hello dope readers! 

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote--I apologize that it's taken so long. But it was such a relief returning to this story. I honestly haven't written anything in a while, much less updated a story. But writing this chapter was hella therapeutic. With all that being said, it's the last chapter. I know, so sad. But I've come such a long way in my writing and plot development and could not thank you all enough for sticking with me through this journey until the end. I'll save all the gooey stuff for the author's note but again, thank you so much. I worked extra, extra hard on this chapter because I knew I had to make it GOOD. So sit back, relax and enjoy. Also, feel free to leave me some comments. I'd love to know what you're thinking!

P.s. I really don't know why wattpad has gone through and deleted 90% of all the pictures and gifs that I put into that first box. There are still some left strewn throughout the chapters but its not fun that all of the other images have disappeared. Just saying.

*This gif says it all (fanfic father and son lol)

~

In seconds that seemed to suspend in the air and turn into eternities, Clover walked down the aisle. Junior could not take his eyes off of her. The pair had their eyes locked onto each other and there they were content to stay. Clover seemed to shine like a goddess but it was the spirit underneath her made-up appearance that Junior was thrilled to spend the rest of his life with. As she came to him, Junior felt like he was receiving every possible blessing. Whether he deserved her or not, he didn't bother reasoning out.

James handed his daughter away and Junior held Clover's soft hands. The couple listened to the minister, speaking at all the appropriate times and nodding when necessary but all the while they had a conversation with their youthful, glimmering eyes. In this moment Clover could have sworn that Junior's eyes were three different colors. The light shining in from the stained glass windows illuminated them in a way that shone like an underwater sunset. Clover would have never guessed that she would be so sure of herself in pursuing a relationship the way she had been with Junior. She was sure there would be no one after him and he was sure of the same.

Once the vows were said as well as the "I dos," the wedding guests made their way to the reception. The celebration was exceedingly merry as it was a Shelby celebration. Junior was sure that his uncles couldn't have been louder or any more unruly then they had been that night.

Thomas stood in a corner, holding and caressing Toni the way he always did. His brothers caught his eye, as they were the life of the party. When he was sure he could steal a private moment with them, he kissed Toni and moved away, signaling them. The three men met off to the side, away from everyone.

"What's up Tommy," Arthur asked.

John, remaining silent, looked rather convinced that Tommy would spoil the mood.