falling together

I woke up to my father and mother resting in chairs in my room. I took the wash cloth off my head as I noticed that I was moved from the park to my house. I must of got sick with a temperature. I slowly got the courage to move out of bed and slowly sneak out of my room. I grabbed my jacket and boots once I got down stairs and went out the front door. I walked down the steps and found myself walking to the pond. I took out a deep breath and looked at the thin ice. I swallowed the fear as I remembered that dreadful night when my world was turned up side down. I blinked and spoke softly; mostly to myself.

"W-what ever happened to Molly and the others so many years ago? Why did I do and come back unharmed? Who saved me? Who was that boy so many years ago?"

I closed my eyes and the wind picked up speed. I felt dizzy and my knees buckled under neath me and I found myself falling into the water again. I opened my eyes once my body hit the it. The ice cold water froze my skin. It was as if the frost was biting down on me. I was to tired to reach out for help. I was to confused to scream out. I closed my eyes again and suddenly someone grabbed my hand. I was brought to the surface coughing. I took in a few deep breathes before looking deep into his eyes. He was glaring at me but I felt like that was all right. 

"What the hell were you thinking!?"

"Answers."

He raised an eye brow at me. "What?"

"I want answers! W-why were you the boy who saved me so many years ago?"

"It wasn't me."

I looked deep into his dark black eyes. "Liar! You were the one who saved me! What happened to Molly and the others! D-did they really move away! I find that really hard to believe! W-why did you save me? A-and how? I was d-dead!"

"You don't know what you are talking about."

"Tell me the truth!" I took in a deep breath as tears formed in my eyes. "What are you? Or more like. Who are you?"

"Angel don't be ridiculous."

"Dammit Devin tell me the truth!"

He kept s blank face as he looked at me and a tear escaped my eyes and ran down my cheek. 

"I was young. I didn't know what I was doing back then."

"What?"

"I-" 

Suddenly the ground beneath me seemed the rumble. It felt really warm to my hands and I brought myself up in a hurry and grabbed onto Devin. Devin glared as the ground in front of us suddenly cracked open causing a gap in the ground. I looked back at my house but no lights came on. It was as if time seemed to stop. I screamed but quickly hid my face on his shoulder. As I looked up I noticed two hands poke up from the ground. They had long fingernails and blood trailed down it's skin. In an instant the creature sprung up from the gap. It's skin was white; almost ghost like. Black eyes and fangs hanging out of it's mouth. It had broken chains on it's ankles and wrists and a choker around it's neck. The creature screamed almost loud enough to make any ones ears bleed. I covered my ears but once the creature hushed down I pulled on Devin's shoulder even though I should be afraid I wasn't as scared as I normally would be.

"L-Let's G-go!" Devin stayed put. "D-Devin p-p-please!" I was screaming now at him but he kept where he was at.

"The truth." His voice was low.

"Not right now!" My voice went an octave to high. "I-if we don't get going we are going to die!"

"The truth."

I went still as he pulled up his sleeve and dug his hands into his arms. 

"Devin!"

He quickly pulled away from his arm and blood dripped on the ground.