Job

A few weeks later I woke up to the sounds of Mistletoe barking and someone hushing him down. I slowly rose out of bed and walked down stairs as Devin brushed his hands through Mistletoe's white fur with a soft smile. The house was warm this morning and the sun rise was just peaking over the mountains. Once I got over to them Devin smiled at me.

"Your up?"

"Your going some where?"

"Job."

"This really?"

"I guess so."

I barley talk to him like I use to, I guess it's because I'm still a bit upset but I'm not sure. Maybe it's because i just want to be ready for their leaving. I keep pushing them away, even though I don't want to. I looked away from Devin but he quickly pulled me into a hug. My heart thumped loudly and I stayed frozen in his arms. He slowly let go of me after a few seconds. I stepped away from him with a fake smile as Mistletoe walked to my side.

"Don't hurt yourself."

"I won't. I'll be back soon."

"All right."

I turned around and walked away from him, Mistletoe fallowed me into the living room and sat next to me on the couch. He pushed himself up against me and I laid my hand on him. He sighed placing his head on the couch. I sat their in silence as the wind picked up speed the the front door closed slowly. Mistletoe kept his eyes opened as he looked around himself at the living room's darkness.  I placed my other hand on my scar and shivered, something I find myself doing often. The darkness worries me a bit more than normal, the creatures and the flames. I pulled away from my neck and stared out the window.

"Are you afraid of our leaving?" 

I clenched my hands into fists and kept my eyes on the sun rise.

"I'm not sure when we will. But we all do know you know that we must some day soon."

"And when that time comes. I will be ready for it."

Why must I hate their leaving? Why did I choose to stay here?

I reached up for the whistle around my neck and than stopped myself. Mistletoe sat up and licked my cheek. I looked at his worried eyes and brushed my hand through his fur. He jumped down and walked out of the living room.

Was it really the thought of holding onto them or is it just I don't want to be alone?

I stood up and turned around slowly. My eyes roamed around the soft dim lit room and than walked out of it. I stood in the entrance room and stood still. 

The truth?

I felt my heart throb.

The truth. Letting go of those who dug so deep in my heart.

Mistletoe stared up at me with bright blue eyes and I smiled back. Knowing for the time I have left with them I needed to make the most of it, until I was pushed back to normal, hiding all the truths and the memories. 

I must push these feelings out though.

Victor walked down the stairs slowly as he yawned in only boxers. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed beer out of the fridge. I fallowed him into the room and sat down at the table. After he opened the cap he sat down in the chair next to me.

"What's up?"

"Just thinking."

"I have to tell you this we might be getting visitors from hell now." He smiled at me. "We loved by many."