Unaccepted

I woke back up in my room. It was late afternoon. My mother was sitting on my room feeding Dexter from a bottle. I blinked and stretched before she noticed I was awake. She smiled brightly at me.

"Violet! Your up! We were so worried!"

I looked down at my hands and froze.

Last night. How did I get  inside? I was brought back in? Or was it a dream?

"Violet?"

I shook my head and looked at my mother. "Sorry mom. I don't know what happened."

I squinted my eyes and looked out my window. 

Something is missing. What happened last night?

I was still in a daze. My mom pulled her attention back on Dexter as I sat up in bed. She didn't pay attention to me as I stood up. Once I got down stairs my father called me into the kitchen. I walked into the room slowly.

"It's good to see you up."

"Really?"

He smiled and pushed a plate to my side of the table.

"Eat before you go outside."

"Thanks."

He put down the paper in his hands and placed his head on his hands after he put his arms on the table.

"So your mother and I have decided to give you some room tonight to go where ever but be back at ten."

"Thanks. But I don't think I'll be staying out to late." I squinted my eyes. "Wait is that because you want to take mom out for your guys' anniversary?"

He smiled at me knowing her got caught. "Yes." He sighed. "Just don't push it. I won't."

I finished my eggs and toast before walking back out into the hall way. As I grabbed my coat and pulled my boots on I stared out into the falling snow. Something came back to me. 

"Devin."

I quickly opened the door and slammed it behind me. I ran through the snow and searched around me for him. 

Now I remember!

"Grim Reaper." I ran pass the school in deep thought and breathing rapidly. "Grim Reaper!" I shouted as loud as I could as the black crows above the trees around me screamed and flew away. I found myself out of breath by the time I got to the play ground. I looked up but still no one. I walked into it after I caught my breath and sat down on the swings. I sighed and closed my eyes.

He won't be here. Stop pretending.

I squeezed tightly onto the chains holding the seat to the pole above me. I heard boots crunch under the snow and a misty smell of Axe and nature hung high in the air. I opened my eyes and turned around. Devin was standing right behind me with a soft smile. A smile that scared me in away. I didn't know what else to do so I quickly jumped up. To afraid he would disappear on me again. I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck, Pushing my face into the side of his neck; I could hear his pulse through it. It was steady but slower than normal humans. It took a few minutes before he wrapped his arms around me.

"Devin! Don't leave!"

"Angel." I felt my heart beat speed up.

As if I was running but I wasn't I was standing still hugging Devin. I pulled my head away from his neck and looked into his eyes.

"Don't you dare ever leave me again!" Tears swelled in my eyes.

"I hurt you though." He looked away from me, letting his hands drop to his sides.