The Locked Secrets

I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed Devin wasn't where he was when I fell asleep, on the floor and somehow I was in his bed. I stood up and walked out of the room. The darkness kept me from finding any light switches so I stumbled and grabbed at the walls as I walked down the hallway and stairs. I stood in the room in silence until I heard something in the living room. I slowly walked into the room but only found the fire place crackling. I let out a deep breath but than I heard something behind me. I jumped, turned around and went to slap them as I close my eyes but their hand grabbed me by the wrist and twisted me around. I froze and couldn't even get myself to scream. I was pushed to the couch and I looked at the person as they smiled. My heart thumped out of my chest. Their eyes starring deep into mine but I knew he was joking around but it still scared me. I couldn't get myself to calm down until Grim let go of my wrists. I closed my eyes and took in deep breathes. As I opened my eyes up he still didn't move from that spot. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I tried to keep my voice quiet.

"Trying to scar you." I stuck my tongue out at him and he frowned. "That's so mature." I slowly brought my tongue back into my mouth as I noticed that's the same thing Devin would say. I sat up and looked down at my feet as the fire lit up the room softly.

"Well you certainly did that very well."

"Why are you up?"

A dark shiver ran down my spine.

"I saw that Devin wasn't where he was earlier."

"No he got up and talked a bit with Victory and Alex. They are still here up in Missy's old room."

I froze. "W-what are you doing up?"

"I love the night."

"I never really see you." My heart skipped a beat and I stared at the fire trying to take my mind off of him.

"I don't really like talking. My job is all. Killing is all."

"I never got to apologize for what happened. So here I go." I took a deep breath out. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it." He looked out the window. "I have to tell you something though. My own words. We will be leaving in nine months." I froze.

Nine? That's all I have left with all of you?

I clenched my hands into fists on my knees and closed my eyes.

Nine months. That's it why?

"It's a joke r-right? Your trying to scare me r-right?" My frame shook.

"I'm not joking." He stopped talking as he saw tears form in my eyes.

"T-that's OK though. T-that's how it is suppose to be." I bit my lower lip as it started shacking. "R-right? You all are n-not suppose to be by my side." The tears fell down my cheek and my neck. They dripped on my clothes. "I'm not suppose to be with you all." Hiccups formed in my throat and I tried to tell my self to stop crying. I had no reason to do such a thing. "Your suppose to leave. I'm suppose to hate you." I opened my eyes but it didn't work. The tears still fell, the pain still hurts, the water still drowns me. "I was t-trying so hard to be ready for this." My heart dropped and broke. "It's suppose to be this way." 

He sighed darkly. "Stop crying."

"N-no! This is what you wanted isn't it! This whole time you couldn't except me! I'm human I get that! But why? I know you didn't save me but you could have broken the bond! You could have stopped me from falling in love with you! That is why I can't hate you! I can't even think of hating you!"