Home

I woke up quickly and scared Ashley a bit as I hear the hum of the car engine. I shook my head and sat straight up in the seat. She let out a deep breath as I looked around us to only find darkness except for the headlights of the car. 

"You scared me."

"I was sleeping?"

"For a while. I tried to waking you up but you didn't respond to me."

"S-sorry." Slowly I rubbed my eyes. "I got tired waiting for you."

"I took longer than I was expecting. Steve wanted to talk."

"You two look cute together."

She let go of the steering wheel and squealed, in reaction I grabbed the wheel until she put her hands back on it. "You really think so!?"

"Yup."

"Well we decided to go out." She giggled and jumped up and down in her seat. "I'm dating Steve! Steve! Steve!" I couldn't help but laugh at how childish she was being.

"I'm happy for you."

"Now we have to find someone for you!" She jabbed her index finger at me and I raised an eye brow at her as I put her hand down back on the steering wheel.

"That's all right Ashley. I don't need one."

"Are you kidding me! It's part of high school."

"That's what you think. I just want to forget about these years."

She laughed. "They can't be that bad."

"Boys are just annoying. They make trouble."

She stopped at my house and gave me a hug. 

"You'll change your mind."

"Hopefully not any time soon."

She smiled. "Bye!"

I walked out the door with a wave good-bye and as I shut the door she drove away. I walked into the house and dad was in the living room watching a comedy and laughing a long with it. Mom was in the kitchen doing dishes as Dexter lay asleep in his play pen. I walked over to his sleepy face and kissed his forehead.

"Don't wake him up. He has been cranky all day."

"Sorry mom."

"So how was shopping?"

"Long and tiring."

I sat down at the table and grabbed a few apples from the bowl on the table and started eating them. Once I was done and threw away the core mom walked into the living room with popcorn and Dexter woke up crying. I stood up and picked Dexter up. He smiled at me and giggled. I rocked him back and fourth as I walked into the living room with him in my arms. I sat down on the floor next to the couch and his toy box. Once I let go of him he got his leap frog and sat back down in my lap and played it as I watched the movie was our parents. Mom handed the bag of popcorn over to me and I grabbed some. They were watching Harry Potter which is a good movie. After a bit Dexter got up and sat between mom and dad on the couch. I  sat on the floor alone with my arms wrapped around my legs and back to the wall. As the room turned dark once they turned the lights off the ache in my head softly stopped. I felt tears form in my eyes and I tried to shrug the pain off. Once the tears filled my vision though I let my head drop and tried to keep my cries silent to only me.

Why a'm I like this?

I got myself to stop after a while and I stood up and went into my room in silence. I grabbed clean clothes and walked into the bathroom. Slowly got undressed after closing the door and stepped into the hot shower water. I took a few breathes in and out and let the water fall over my body. After a bit I decided to wash up and get out. Once I stepped out of the shower into the foggy room I took my towel and wiped the steam off of the mirror. I stared at myself in the mirror and touched the scar on my neck. Strangely I couldn't hear my pulse where the scar was. I leaned against the sink as the water droplets ran down my body. I closed my eyes and dried myself off. I pulled on my night gown and boy boxers and stepped out of the bathroom. I walked into my room and to the window.

"What a'm I missing?"

The air felt good against my warm flesh. The midnight sky held a soft touch of life in it as the stars sparkled and the moon held high in the air. I could hear the wind hit the bare trees as they scratched against the house the crows cried in the air, the crickets sung their night song, the creatures of the morning hid for shelter for the barren night and the bats flew the air looking for their midnight snack. I leaned against the window for a bit before closing it and hoping into bed. I stared up at my ceiling as my eyes felt heavy. I passed out into a deep sleep quickly. 

...

I looked around me and found darkness, slowly I stood up to the sound of dripping water. I turned around to find a figure in front of me. It held no familiar sense to it but the frame seemed oddly familiar. I took a step closer and the figure moved a few steps away. I stopped after failing to catch up to the figure three times. Slowly decided to sit back down on the ground and close my eyes. Once I opened them back up a trail of tombstones fallowed along the ground. I stood up and fallowed them until I stopped at a curved blade with a handle. I looked around me but no one was there. I slowly grabbed for it and than I froze. The thought of a burning house went through my mind. Cries rose among the darkness and than fear struck me. I was loosing something close to me.

or did I all ready loose it?

I let go of the handle and fell backwards. I stumbled to my feet and than found something standing in front of me. A black cloak hid them completely from me. A soft whisper rose in this darkness. Whispering my voice sweetly as if to keep the darkness away. The creature stared at me and I stared at the dark emotion it gave off. It reached down for me and I found myself unable to move my body. I felt my body going numb and I felt it as the creature slowly touched my scar. I shivered and than as I opened my eyes I noticed a burning house behind it. I watched the flames engulfed the house. The flames burned my body. The pain of watching and not being able to do anything stung me. I felt tears form in my eyes and the creature did nothing. I couldn't stop crying they fell from my face and splattered on my hands.

I don't want to feel hurt anymore.

Tears fell as the house finally crumbled.

I'm scared.

smoke buried me into the darkness.

Why a'm I so afraid?