Daughter

9 Months later

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crying wouldn't stop but I was all right with that. The noise was sweet to my ears although it was sharp toned and loud. I smiled as Mistletoe jumped up on the bed with her in my arms. He whimpered and than licked my arm. Cynthia didn't bother to notice what was in front of her. I watched as Victor came walking into the room with a smolder of beauty on his face. He was dressed in full black and ready to leave. The moon was out shinning brightly. Cynthia took the best time to be born, the darkness would be half of her life; for forever. Might as well start knowing it early. She stopped crying once Mistletoe licked her face.

"She is so small."

"It's a baby."

My body felt tired and I wanted to sleep but I couldn't.

"Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful." I slowly found away to smile at his words.

"Thanks Victor."

We went silent until he quickly wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly to him. "We haven't known one another very long and all but don't forget me." He sounded concerned.

I closed my eyes with the baby nestled in my arms. "Never will I."

He let go of me and turned around and growled. "I told myself I wouldn't cry!"

I softly laughed at him and opened my eyes up to Mistletoe's eyes staring deep into mine.

"Mistletoe."

"I don't want to go Violet. I don't want to leave your side. Not you or the baby."

I laid one of my hands on his head and he blinked than stared back into my eyes.

"Your doing this for my safety and Cynthia's."

"I'm not sure that leaving was the best thing to do though."

I could tell he was angry and sad by the way his eyes glazed over. 

I lied with a shaky hand. "It's the best thing to do. That's what I think." I pulled my hand away from Mistletoe and he turned around after staring at the baby for a bit.

"I guess I better go then. Good-bye. Violet."

I didn't want to seem like that good-bye hurt me more than it should but I couldn't hide it as I lowered my head to the baby and spoke softly to Mistletoe. "Bye."

As he walked out of the room Devin slowly walked in. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Not now, not ever. I was trying to hard to sum up the courage to make him leave.

It's the right thing to do after all. Right?

The child could tell my sadness and she slowly cooed at me.

"She will grow up to be a great human. " I nodded my head yes and bit my lower lip as it started to tremble. Devin walked over to the bed side and leaned down, forcing me to look into his black eyes. "I wish you luck."

"K." Is all I could say.

"Do you want me to erase your memory of us every existing?"

"No!" I quieted my voice down. "Why would I want to forget. I loved meeting Mistletoe, my best solder. Victor always kept me laughing and you. Devin your part of this child. If I can't except that. Than I can never except this child."

"I'll leave you alone than." He paused as tears ran down my face. "V-Violet?" His voice sounded troublesome. 

"L-leave." I stammered as the child started crying again.

"I will."

As he kissed my forehead the walls I tried so hard to keep up fell and the tears wouldn't stop as my chest pounded for him to stay.

Don't go! Stay with me! I need you!"

I kept my arms wrapped around the child so I wouldn't try holding him back from leaving. As he stood in front of the door I shouted out the words that felt like vile poison in my mouth. Only to me did they sound fake but to the others I'm sure it sounded real.

"I hate you!" I screamed and closed my eyes. "I hate you!" I opened my eyes back up and they were not there any longer, as if they never existed. I kept the child close to me as my body shook. "I hate you." My words felt like they had no meaning. "I hate you." I laid in the hospital clinging to my child as she cried with me. My little child, my little demon, our little Cynthia Grimmie.