The Life we have

5 years later 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was bright and the world seemed to simmer down for a long vacation of summer. Cynthia was finally five years old and seemed like any other human child. It use to faze me, the question of her being 'normal'. She skipped a few steps ahead of me in her pink flower and laced dressed humming a lullaby softly to herself. Her black hair dance back and fourth against her back, black eyes that held so much to them and a perfect innocent smile. She grew up around only me and strangers she meets at stores or down the side walk. We never left this town, couldn't bring myself to do such a thing. Today was the day we go visit my parents and my brother. I was walking behind Cynthia with hands full of flowers. My old house was torn and replaced with a cemetery of the village with my parents and my brother the first ones to be in it. Although through the years after them many others have died.  As we got to the area I froze in front of the black gate surrounding the patch of land as Cynthia ran into it. She looked back at me as she held the fence lock in her hands.

"Mama?"

I shook my head, smiled at her and walked over to where she was. I handed her the flowers and opened the lock. She quickly ran inside and over to the tomb stones. Slowly with a soft lullaby she placed the flowers neatly over the stones. I sighed and sat down next to her in the grass. She shuffled over to me and sat down in my lap as I kissed her head she played with her hands in her lap.

"Nice day outside isn't it?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah." As the breeze sped up she looked at me. "Mama what was grandma and grandpa like?"

I chuckled at her softly. "I've told you that many of times."

She shrugged and looked back at the tomb stones. "I like hearing it over and over again."

"Well they were very protective. I was never on good terms with them."

"Uncle Dexter was around my age when he died."

"He died very young. Died with grandma and grandpa on the piece of land we are sitting on."

She grabbed my hands into her's. "Mama?"

"Yes?"

"Don't ever leave me. All right?"

"Why?"

"I don't want to loose you. Your all I have left."

I smiled at her. "I promise you Cynthia I will never leave you until I a'm made to."

She giggled at me as I pulled my hands out of her's and tickled her stomach. After a bit she made me stop with a wicked laugh.

"Stop mommy! Stop."

"All right. All right. I'll stop."

I did as she asked and Cynthia jumped up off of my lap. I closed my eyes and spoke a few words to the stones, even though I knew my parents or brother would never answer back.

"I miss you guys. You should see Cynthia. She loves it here with me. Wish you three could see her. She is beautiful. I love you."

I slowly pulled myself up and looked over at Cynthia as she froze and held her hands up.

"Look mama! Snow!"

Snow? In the middle of summer?

I looked up but there wasn't anything.