Normal

I woke up to my room but something felt like it was missing. After a while of laying in bed I decided to get up out of bed and walk down stairs. Ashley was down stairs in my living room talking with my mother. Once she saw I was up she ran to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"Your up!"

Mom smiled at me as she fed Dexter.

"Yeah?" I wasn't so certain that was a good thing.

"You've slept for two days." Mom frowned. "You've worried everyone."

"What happened?" I felt a numb spot on my stomach and slowly I lifted up my shirt. A scar jolted up from my belly button to my neck. I shrieked and frowned at them. "Oh No! How did I get this!"

"We don't know. Your father found you outside the house like that."

"I don't know how this happened!"

"Let's not worry about that. let's worry about how you feel."

"I feel fine. I want to know what has happened to me though!"

There is something important I'm missing. As I stared out the window tears formed in my eyes.

"Violet?"

I looked back at Ashley as she looked at me worried, I tried to wipe the tears away but they kept falling.

Somethings wrong.

I couldn't stop the tears as Ashley wrapped me into a hug.

"It's Ok maybe you got the scar from an animal or something."

That's not why A'm crying! I don't even know why I a'm.

After a bit the tears stopped and Ashley wiped my face for me and tried to smile. I couldn't find a smile to give back to her so I pushed myself away from her and walked outside. The breeze hushed my worries a bit but I still felt faintly scared. I picked my shirt back up and touched the scar; it was cold to the touch and the scar was a few tints fainter than my original skin tone. I put my shirt back down and walked down the steps. The snow was fading away and I could finally see green poking up through the snow. Ashley walked out the door and up to me. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"We should do something fun!"

"I don't know. I really don't want to do much except sleep."

"Your tired?"

"Very."

"We can go to the mall tomorrow."

I sighed. "Actually we can go today. Maybe it will help."

"That's the spirit! Let's go talk to your parents and than we can go!" 

She tugged on my arm and dragged me back inside to my mother in the living room.

"Mom can I go to the mall with Ashley."

"Right now?" 

I tried to smile. "Yes mom please."

"You should probably wait for your father to get home and ask him."

"Where did he go?"

"To the grocery store for coffee. You know how he loves his coffee."

I frowned. "He get's grumpy without it." Mom laughed at me. "Please mom can we go now."

"Yes please Mrs Scar!"

"Ok. OK. Don't talk to strangers kiddos. Have fun."

I gave her a hug and we left out the door in a rush. I was pushing myself to feel better.  As we drove past my childhood park I squinted my eyes as I got a headache. Something seemed wrong to the silent park. I turned my head the other way to get it off my mind as Ashley turned on the radio. It didn't take long before we got to the mall but once we did I regretted going even before we got out of the car, but I did anyways without complaining. We walked from store to store. When two hours passed by we decided to sit down outside of the food court when suddenly I noticed a group of people, one who stood out the most. Steven Cooper. I haven't seen him in such a long time, he moved to a school a few miles away from our school and we haven't talked since middle school. He was surrounded by a bunch of girls and a few other guys. He looked over at us and I quickly hid behind Ashley and a plant that was next to her. She glared down at me with her soda in hand.