Morning Memories

I woke up suddenly and found myself starring into Mistletoe's beautiful blue eyes. He barked and I moaned and turned over on my side. I closed my eyes and hushed him. I could hear Dexter down stairs crying while dad was laughing about something in the papers.

There is something I'm forgetting.

Suddenly I opened my eyes back up.

"Shit!" I quickly scrambled out of bed and ran down stairs. Mistletoe ran after me down the stairs. My parents watched me as I ran past them into the living room. I almost fell on my face but grabbed the side of the couch and took in a deep breath as I dropped to my knees on the floor. Mistletoe whimpered at me but I smiled at him and he waged his tail with his tongue out of his mouth. I looked up and searched the couch but he was gone. "Devin where are you?"

Mom  came into the room. "Who is Devin?" I froze and closed my eyes.

I'm totally busted!

Suddenly everything came back to me. Grim came up into my room and left me. I felt anger rise in my body and I clenched my hands into fists.

That guy really ticks me off!

I opened my eyes and stupidly laughed at my mother. "J-Just a silly dream! Nothing to be worried about!" I laughed again and she played along with a frown though and walked away.

Once she left the room I sighed with relief. I looked at Mistletoe and pet the top of his head. He barked and I went to hush him and than stopped myself. I smiled at him and spoke softly almost in a whisper. 

"I keep forgetting they can't see or hear you." Mistletoe licked my face and I couldn't help but smile. I stood up and walked into the kitchen. Dexter was sucking on a bottle of milk in mom's arms. "So how was your night?" My mom smiled brightly and dad cleared his throat. "So?"

Mom answered me. "It was fun Violet. How was your night?"

Besides getting a spice, Devin fainting and me bringing him in the house which I know is a big no no for you two and to top that the grim reaper came in my room and I lost my memories again. That guy is such a jerk.

I smiled smugly to myself. "It was interesting."

Dad put down the news paper. "Oh really?" He raised in eyebrow at me and sipped his coffee. Suddenly I felt as if I was being interrogated. "How so?"

I shrugged. "I stayed up in my room all night and stared at the delicate snow fall."

"Interesting." He went back to reading the newspaper and mom handed Dexter over to me as she stood up and went upstairs.

I looked down at him and smiled. He smiled back and reached up for my face. I responded back by lowering my face and letting him touch it. I rocked him back and fourth after I pulled my head away from him and softly hummed. He placed his hands in his mouth. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I watched as he stared around the room. I suddenly noticed mistletoe starring at him. I looked back down at Dexter as he giggled.

"D-Doggie!" I froze for a second and Mistletoe barked at him. Dexter drew away his hand and waited a second as Mistletoe whimpered and than drew his hand back out. Dexter whispered to the dog. "Doggie."

Mom suddenly appeared in the room and I jumped up, scaring Dexter a little. He started crying. I tried to hush him as I cradled him but than mom took him slowly away from me.

"Did big sis scar you." Mom smiled at me.

"Mom I have to go see a friend. Uh. About a science project."