SPEAK

I woke up later in the day and reached for Mistletoe. Once I figured out he wasn't on the bed I sighed and rolled over. Suddenly I heard Mistletoe bark and I quickly sat up and rubbed my eyes with a yawn. He jumped back on the bed with his tail moving back and fourth. He barked again and I went to hush him but stopped myself like always. Instead I smiled at him and softly ran my hands down his fur. He laid down on the bed and let out a deep breath. I got up out of bed and grabbed a pair of clean clothes then walked into the bathroom. Mistletoe followed me to the door and than stopped once I shut it. I got undressed and turned the shower on. Once I stepped into the tub and the warm water trickled down my skin I felt a bit more relaxed. I closed my eyes letting the water trail down my bare skin before layering shampoo on my hair and washing my body. After I was done cleaning myself I sighed and thought about everything so far that I have been through. I shivered at the part about yesterday. I frowned and got out of the tub and turned off the water wrapping a towel around me. I sat down on the toilet as Mistletoe whimpered through the door. I quickly turned the knob on the door and opened it. Mistletoe came prancing into the room and I shut the door behind him. He barked at me and I smiled at him as I grabbed lotion and lathered it on my skin. 

I looked down at Mistletoe. "I wonder why you don't want to talk to me." The dog whimpered and cocked his head to the right before jumping on his hind legs and placing his front paws on my knees. He sniffed the bottle of lotion and I pulled it away and placed it on the sink. "Maybe it's me."

I stood up and looked down at him as he ran around in circles chasing his tail. I looked at my reflection and than got dressed. Mistletoe stopped chasing his tail after a while and than sniffed around the bathroom. We walked out the door after I layered eye shadow, eye liner and cover up on my face. Mistletoe ran back into my room as I grabbed my coat and pulled it on as we walked down stairs. As I slipped on my boots my mom came into the hallway with a smile on her face. She was holding a stack of pancakes and I smiled back and grabbed one, shoving it into my mouth and without a word from either of us I walked out the door. Mistletoe ran into a snow pile and chomped down the snow eagerly. We walked to the park and I sat down on the swings as he jumped through the snow but after a while he stopped and collapsed on the ground taking in deep breathes. I laughed at him but stopped as I saw a woman walk up to us.  She was wearing a fur coat and with sun glasses.  Perfect red lips and long blonde hair. The coat hid what ever clothes she was wearing but I could see the end of a black skirt and the woman was also in black high heels. She tapped her foot on the ground and Mistletoe jumped up and ran to my side barking.

"Hey you girl!" She pointed at me. "What is that around your neck." 

I grabbed the whistle and held it tightly in my hands. "It's a charm. A f-friend of mine gave it to me."

She walked up closer to me and I noticed something was wrong with her. The wind picked up speed. "Who gave that to you?"

"I told you a friend."

Mistletoe suddenly stopped barking as a familiar voice rung high in the air.

"I gave it to her Missy."

The woman turned around to see Devin slouching against the side of the play ground slide. I stood up and Mistletoe ran to him and he pet him on the head with a smile.

"Devin!" The woman sounded a bit shocked.

"You got a problem with that Missy?" 

"I guess not."

"Why are you here?"

"I heard rumors going around in hell. Just wanted to see for myself if they were true."

Devin smiled. "You know rumors are just rumors."

She pointed a finger at me. "Not when it involves a human! Devin! This is wrong."