Cause You're Worth It

Chapter twenty-nine

A quiet gasp escaped my lips, the second his lips touched mine.

Really didn't expect them to be this soft..

I lost my mind in his kiss that had me addicted instantly, while my hands and body starting moving of their own accord.

My back arched up before I wrapped my arms around his neck and the pushed my body gently down on his, loving the way he held his arms around me and pulled me closer to him in response.

Another gasp left my lips when his tongue darted out and licked my bottom lip.

I admit that it wasn't my first kiss but damn it felt as good as a first one will ever be.

I immediately granted his wish and moaned in a low voice as his soft tongue entered my mouth and devoured it till I was a gasping panting mess.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from him, needing to breath. I was still in his lap with his right hand in my hair and his left one on my lower back, pulling me flush against him.

I slowly blinked open my eyes to find his eyes closed as he leaned his forehead on mine.

My gaze flickered down to his pink swollen lips.

Well that escalated quickly.

I closed my eyes again, letting myself be consumed in the feeling of what just happened.

"Sweetheart where'd you learn to do that...?" he mumbled in his dazed state, his eyes still closed.

"I...I didn't...it just happened..." I answered honestly, a slight hint of embarassmemt washing over me.

And to be honest, his kiss was a thousand times better than Bryce's will ever be.

I felt him pull his face away slightly so I opened my eyes and found a small grin on his face while he tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear. Which by the way came out from his adventure.

"Well then I guess you really are learning well..." he whispered with a little smirk, glancing down at my lips before he looked back up at my eyes.

"Learning lessons at 2 in the morning is a first for me..." I mumbled, making his smirk slightly wider.

A knock on the door distracted us, making us both turn to look at it.

"Who could it be at this time of the hour..." I mumbled and got off of the bed, propering my dress and looking through the peep hole in the door.

Shortly after, I moved back and opened the door to find a tired looking Charlie at the door.

I frowned at him in concern, wondering why he looked so beat down. Then again, we all were shooken up by the events that took place lately.

"Your dad...left something...someone...for us at the main door..." he struggled to speak, his eyes cast downwards.

I turned to Carter and nodded at him. He immediately walked out of the room and downstairs towards the main door.

Meanwhile, I pulled Charlie inside to sit down on the bed before I gave him the glass of water from the nightstand.

"Charlie calm down and tell me what happened" I spoke in a calm voice, placing the glass back on the stand.

"He sent a..head. The head of...your mom. There was a note along with it that described exactly how he tortured her before he beaheaded her." he answered my question in a strained voice.