Letter #1

Michael is such a common name.

I have known a lot of Michaels in my lifetime; some tall, some short; some old, some young; some sweet, some arrogant. However, I think that out of all the Michaels that I have ever known, you are my favorite. At first, I really didn't have any idea that you existed. I remembered the boy with the curly hair who was friends with the popular kid, but I didn't remember "Michael".

Spring is such a strange time for me. Just when I think that I have everything all figured out, spring comes along with rain and flower buds and green grass and then it all goes to shit. Spring has screwed me over more than once. Another fabulous thing that comes with spring is track season. Track. As in the running, jumping, throwing sport for people that aren't necessarily good at anything else? Right. That.

Last spring was an entirely different story, but spring is just the beginning of this one. Let me set the stage for you: it was March 7th, and it was still pretty chilly outside. A large group of teenage boys who thought they were good at sports had clustered in the small gymnasium, and you were with them. But that's something I only knew in hindsight. I don't think that you ever believed that you were the type to stand out: dark hair, dark eyes, some kind of Native American/Hispanic/African American heritage. I mean, you were someone who could have been anyone. Nevertheless, you always seemed to stand away from everybody, almost to fall behind. When running laps, you were always the last one. In group exercises, you were always the last one. Maybe what I felt almost could have been pity, in all honesty. Somehow, on the third day of practice, you ended up running more laps than everybody else, and I was conveniently told to watch you and make sure you didn't fall over or pass out or something. If I was going to pinpoint a time when this started, I think that was it. And as of now, I don't think that it has quite ended yet, and maybe it never will. Because I have known a lot of Michaels, and somehow, they never really seem to go away. 

Hey y'all!

So this is round two with different characters and a different setting! It's going to be the same style as "Love Letters..." if you read that. If you didn't, then don't sweat! "Michaels" will have some tie-ins to "Love Letters..." but the plot is very different and you don't need to read one to understand the other. Again, please vote and comment because criticism is the best way to improve, right? Thanks so much for your support guys!

Bunches of love,

AllAtOnce99