Letter #6

On to hot-guy Michael. I don't know a lot about this one.

All I've got is that he is taking English 101 with me and he is the only hot guy that I have seen in this entire school. Even right now, I am sitting out by my favorite café, and eating a cream cheese muffin, and out of all the people walking by, there is not one pretty man. I guess that's what I get for going to the local college. The ratio of hot to not guys in Wisconsin is pretty low. It's not a pretty sight. Literally. This Michael seems like the type to be very quiet until you get to know him. Then he probably doesn't ever stop talking. Just like you.

I remember when I had to yank the words out of you in the muggy, school hallway at track practice when I asked why you were running extra laps. Cue heavy breathing. Cue the sip of water. Cue response: "I powerlift. It's leg day. I don't want to do leg day twice." And that was all I got. And I guess that's all you thought I needed. I mean, I wanted to know all about how you powerlift with another school and if powerlifting even counts as a sport, but I didn't say anything.

Eventually, you got to the point where you would point out where every single person you knew lived on the drive home and make fun of the fact that you didn't think I liked any music at all. In all reality, I just changed the radio station a lot because I didn't want you to know what my music taste was really like. I suppose I was a tad bit ashamed for liking the Lady Antebellum song you made me listen to. Not that I actually told you that either. Maybe you weren't the only one who was thinking more than you were saying. I guess I am kind of a closed book too. Even now, I know a lot more about you than you will ever know about me. But I was braver with you than I have been with any guy. You made me feel comfortable and you made me feel at home. I could tell you how I felt and I could flirt with you and curl up on a bus and play word games with you. I was more at home with you than I had been in a very long time. What a pity that it didn't work out, huh?