Letter #17

Sometimes the weight and connotations of some words are underrated.

Because I don't "like" you. That implies that I blush when someone brings you up or that I think about you when I shower. But I think that if I said that I loved you, that would be wrong too. I fall somewhere in the middle where I roll my eyes when someone mentions you and shrug off your snapchats. It sounds cruel, but it's not, really. I think it might just be denial. But I heard once that the more that you deny something, the truer it becomes. Does this mean that if I use reverse-psychology to deny that I'm hating you, I could actually hate you?

That's the dream, you know. It sounds weird, but if I could hate you, my life would be so much easier. I definitely wouldn't be woken up by my phone buzzing with your snapchats, that's for damn sure. And that means more sleep for me. Which means a better day for everyone I have to interact with. You see the train of thought here? But I don't know if I could actually do that. In order to hate someone, I think that the bad memories would have to outweigh the good, and even some memories that should be bad are actually kind of good, so maybe I'm doomed to hang in this limbo forever. Which is bullshit because I don't think that most people feel this way for the same amount of time that I always do. Maybe it's the writer in me or maybe it's the hopeless romantic that I like to believe doesn't exist that always keeps all of these stupid, pointless people close to my heart so that when I cry it all bubbles up again. It's just all ridiculous and I want to be over it so that I can move on. All I ever wanted was to move on. If I could move on, I could start looking to other people, and a lot of times, those people are right in front of my face. Maybe I'm not ready for that, but I'm certainly ready to get rid of you. 

Hi guys! 

So it's finally done. Technically, it's been done for a while, I just totally forgot (or pushed away) the idea that this existed. It's fine. All fine. I don't know if I'll do any more letter-style stories, but if you guys have any ideas, let me know! Please comment and add to reading lists and suggest my stuff to other people! That would be great! 

Love you guys!!

AllAtOnce99