Letter #21

I don't really know how far I expected this to go.

Twenty- one letters later, and I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I suppose all that I could hope is that someone, somewhere would read this and think of someone in their lives, just like I'm thinking of you. Maybe it's a lover. Or an ex-lover. Or a soon to be ex-lover. I feel like our story has enough dimensions that it could appeal to all three.

I knew a girl once who gave up her dream for what was safe, and she was happy. The man she loved died, but she was happy. And maybe we all need to learn from that. Sure, she died too. We all will. Death is inevitable and fate pulls the strings, or cuts them, I suppose, but she still left a letter on his gravestone, and I guess that's what inspired me to write this. I wanted it to be something that would reach beyond the aspect of time and place and I want to be everybody's best friend. The best friend that made all the mistakes so they don't have to. Or the older sister. I want people to be able to read this and realize that life is funny and that sometimes, the best thing that you can do is let go. So maybe this will have to be me letting go for good. I forced myself to power through until I felt that it was the end. All of the words that I forced myself to cough up don't seem to mean anything anymore, and I think that finally, it's the end.

It's not the end for me. It's not the end of the world either. The world will continue to fall in love and get hurt. I will continue to fall in love and get hurt. Then I'll forget how much it hurt in order to start all over again, but maybe, for my best interest at least,

I should swear off Michael's for a little while.