Letter #2

You know how songs will try to fake you out with a false ending?

Like it fades out nicely and then suddenly picks back up again with an out-of-place chorus or something. I feel like that is kind of what happened with us. Everything ended nicely. It wasn't as awkward as I had expected. We didn't talk for months and months and months and I met another Michal. Not a mistake. His name had no "E". But that's a story for another time. And then I visited your school again that autumn and it all came rushing back. You were so happy to see me that I couldn't even deal with it. Your face. Just. Your face.

We joked and bantered and everything reverted back to how it was about three months before. You got hotter over the summer. You became that stand out guy that all the girls flirted with and secretly wanted to screw in the science supply closet. And you flirt back. You had become something that I never expected you to be: popular. I don't think that you quite realized that you were popular either. I guess that's just another one of those things that the girls secretly think.

I don't really know where I'm supposed to go with this. At first, this sundry collection of letters was just a way for me to express my feelings. My professor in my writing class suggested that we should all write more, no matter how we did. Since I wasn't exactly going to write research papers in my free time, I decided to go a more unconventional route. And I was thinking about you when he suggested it. It's supposed to help us find our voice. Our style. All that good stuff. So you get to be my trial run. In more ways than one, I suppose. Congratulations. Maybe you'll even read them someday. I mean, hopefully not, but it's a possibility. The Universe is a strange and curious place. I never used to be a big believer in "the Universe" before I met you. And it's not even that you're a huge promoter of that theory, but there is just something about you that doesn't happen on accident. For example, average, "non-Universe" boys don't use words like "belittles" and "persona." Maybe you should work on that. 

Hey guys!

I'm really loving the style and diction in these, but what do you think?? Vote and comment to let me know!

Bunches of love,

AllAtOnce99