Letter #20

I don't think that I feel anything.

I think that I'm okay with that. Apparently you got a haircut and have started dating someone and have totally forgotten about my existence. Maybe it's okay for me to forget about yours.

You know what I heard? I heard that you told her that you loved her. I also heard that you dated for two weeks. I think that would give anyone a general idea of who you are. You're soft. And broken. And eager to love and be loved. Maybe that's something you've been missing. Maybe that's something you should have thought about before you turned me down. I'm done being upset about it, though.

I believe that we all go through stages in our lives where some people are extremely important and when some people don't matter. Sometimes it's cyclical, and sometimes it just comes and then it goes for good. You've been extremely important for a long time for no apparent reason. It was nice to have someone to daydream about in my eight-o'clock math class or when I can't fall asleep at night, but I don't think I need that anymore. I have come to the point where I am not necessarily thinking about someone else. I've just become enough of my own person that I don't need to think about anybody to keep me afloat. I think that, just like you, maybe I have finally found myself.