Chapter 1: The News

A couple of years had past since Shaun's death.

Lately I've been having nightmares of the fateful news and package I recieved that day.

I remember what happened so clearly.

Someone had sent a package with Shaun's head and Grant and Austin had explained to me how the police had caught everyone that was working with Shaun, except for one.

We have no clue who it is or could be, but we have a pretty good guess that it's Dave.

Austin tells me not to worry about it because I will just stress myself out.

I haven't told him about the nightmares, which been going on since I came back from the hospital, but I know that I have to stay extremely strong now.

Aaliyah is five and she understands things a little more than she did before.

Although nothing has happened in the past years, I'm still shook up about it.

"Alex" I heard.

I quickly went downstairs where Austin was sitting on the couch.

"What is it?"

"I meant to ask you, have you figured out what we're doing for Aaliyah's Birthday?" He asked.

"Aaliyah's Birthday?...oh yeah right, um no not yet"

"Are you okay? You know her birthday is in three days right?" He turned around from facing the tv to facing me.

"Yeah I know. When I get her from pre-school, I'll ask her what she would want to do"

"Okay, well I'm getting ready to leave soon" he said.

"You have practice today?"

"No it's just a meeting, but afterwards I have to head to work" he said.

I nodded and said "oh okay" as I went back upstairs, my phone started ringing.

"Nathan"

*phone conversation*

"Hello"

"Hey sis, long time no see" he said.

"Hey Nathan, how you've been?"

"I've been great and I have some good news to tell you" he said.

"Oh really, what's up"

"So...I proposed to Rachel and-" I quickly cut him off confused.

"You what? Proposed? To Rachel? Since when?"

"Yo, calm down. I proposed to her last year" he said.

"And your just now telling me. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Sorry. I don't know, I guess I was scared that you would say what dad said when I told him" his voice sounded someone upset.

"What do you mean? What did dad say?"

He was quiet.

"Hello..Nathan what did he say?"

"...he said I was a fool, that i'm too young and don't know what I'm doing, that im making a mistake" he sounded upset as he spoke.

I cant belive he said that.

"Nathan I wouldnt worry about what dad says, he has no right to come into your life like that. I would never say that to you"