Chapter 9: Telling him

"You're telling me that you got my daughter pregnant with YOUR baby" he said.

"Y-yes sir...Alex and I we-we've been living a happy and great life together. I've taken care of her and kept her safe for many years"

"Why are you coming all the way here to tell me this? Did you think I would be happy for you two?...Somehow give you my blessing...or even accept you as my son-in-law?" he said.

"No sir...I came here to tell you that Alex is in danger and needs your help"

"And exactly what kind of danger is she in?" he asked.

"Do you remember Shaun, um, my Ex boss?"

"How could I forget" he said sarcastically.

"Well, some years back, he ended up escaping jail and he wanted to get revenge on Alex and me for bringing his organization down. Apparently it wasn't brought down because he had many others scattered around in different places doing the work for him while he was locked away...Alex she-she almost died, and, she risked her life for not only me but our daughter too. After all that, Shaun ended up dying and his organization everywhere were brought down for good-"

"Okay and I'm still not understanding the problem here" he said.

I was starting to get frustrated.

"The problem is that, there is one person that the police couldn't find and after years of living peacefully, we think he has come back to get us"

"And what does that have to do with me? I'm sure y'all can handle yourself's just fine" he said.

"YOUR DAUGHTER IS-" I started raising my voice when Jared had put his hand up to calm me down.

"Sir um, your son, I believe Nathan-" he interrupted him sitting up in his chair.

"What about my son? I hope you didn't bring him into this mess" he said.

"No, we didn't, but the wedding um...his fiancee she, was killed" Jared said.

"Killed by who? how?" he asked.

"We believe that the person who is after us, came to the wedding and somehow killed her, she was poisoned" Jared said.

"Oh my God...where is my son?" he asked.

"We don't know. Alex has been trying to get in contact with him since then" jared said.

"And thats another reason why I'm here...He ended up kidnapping our daughter"

"What's her name?" he asked.

"Her names Aaliyah and she's five years old"

He didn't say anything as he sat back thinking.

"We came here also to ask you to come with us. We want to make sure you stay safe. We have to assume that he will try to harm anyone close to her."

"He's right, and Alex already thinks you don't or wouldn't care about any of this" Jared added.

"I knew it, I knew she was hiding something from me. Why wouldn't she just tell me?" he questioned.

"She didn't want you to get mad at the fact that she got me out and that we moved to New York"

He got quiet.

"Please, I'm not asking you to accept me, but if you care about your daughter, please just come with us, so that at least she knows your safe. This is a tough time for her"

He didn't say anything.

The room is filled with silence.

"...Your right, i won't ever accept you...but, she is my daughter, so I'll go with you and I'll help save my granddaughter in any way that I can" he said.