Chapter 13: Find another way

When me and Nathan had ran back inside to Alex, she was sleep but screaming in her sleep.

"She keeps yelling "NO" and "stop" over and over" Jared said.

Jared and Grant had moved away from her and I went up to her to try and calm her down.

"Alex! Alex wake up!"

I kept shaking her but she wasn't waking up.

"Alex!!"

After I shook her one more time she slowly began to open her eyes.

"Alex...are you okay?!"

She sat up slowly looking around as she tried to catch her breath.

"What happened?" She asked.

"You must of had a bad dream."

She looked at me wiping her head.

Grant had came and sat next to her.

"Alex, you need to tell him" he said.

"Tell me what?"

She looked at Grant then at me.

"Tell me what Alex?"

"I-I've been having nightmares since the day I came back from the hospital" she said.

-Alex POV-

"What!?" he said.

"They've been happening ever since then, and that's why I've been scared to fall asleep"

"Alex why are you just now telling me?" he asked. 

"I-I was afraid that-" 

I stopped talking because, my phone had rung.

When I looked at it it was...

"It says unknown"

We all looked at each other as I answered the phone.

*Phone Conversation*

"Hello?"

"Is this Alex" he said.

I hesitated before I said "...Yes"

"You start now" he said.

"What?! Who is this?" 

"The person who your giving the drugs to, now listen cause I'm only going to say this once...you have 24 hours to bring me my stuff though it wont be easy. You need to watch out for the cops and there will be, should I say certain people who is willing to do anything for drugs...It will be an old house, but you'll have to go through the back door. I will meet you there. Dave should be sending you the address soon" he said.

Before I could say anything, he had hung up the phone.

"Who was it" Austin asked. 

"It was the guy were selling to"

"What did he want?" Jared asked.

"He-he said...." I paused because I couldn't believe that....

"He said what? Alex what did he say? Grant asked. 

"...He wants us to start the delivery now" 

Grant looked at the clock on the table.

"It's almost four" he said

"Could this be a trap?" Dad asked.

"Possibly, but then again, I doubt it. I don't think they would trick us or set us up. Dave is serious about his money" Jared said.

"He's right bout that" Grant had gotten up and went to grab the bag and said "I personally think that its kind of a good thing that we're starting this late. I mean, nobody will be out or expecting anything suspicious around this time...As long as we do this smoothly nothing should go wrong"

"He's right... lets get this over with-" Nathan was interrupted.

"Wait...all of us don't need to go" Jared said.

"He's right, some should stay here" Austin said.

"Okay, then whose going to go?" dad asked.

"Well Alex has no choice but to go and I'm pretty sure Austin will not stay even if asked too-" 

Austin stood up and said "Your right about that"

"Okay, with that being said, Grant you go with them and I will stay here with Nathan and your dad...there's actually something that I want to check out" Jared finished.

"Like what?"

"I think I could be able to find a way to figure out where Dave is hiding, and if I can track where he is then maybe we can somehow figure out a way to take Aaliyah back..." he stopped as he looked at me concerned.

"What is it?"

He sighed as he said "...I hate to say this but...I don't think he's going to give her back even when we've done what he's asked"

A part of me already had thoughts like that, and another part of me wanted to believe that maybe he would just give her back but...

"How do you plan on finding him?" Nathan asked.

"I upgraded my laptop a long time ago and I'm able to get files that police don't have access too, files that Dave has that has to do with where he's been and where he's going... so maybe if I dig deep I can figure out the last place he's been and even better, where he's holding Aaliyah" he said. 

"It's risky but it's worth a shot. I suggest you be careful though, if Dave or anyone working for him finds out that someone is getting access to their stuff...It will be hell to pay" Grant said.

"Okay, then its decided then" Austin said.

"We should get going" Grant said.

My dad had came up to me before I left out the room and said "Alex, I want you to be careful okay"

"Yeah I know. Don't worry, I'll be fine" 

When I was about to walk out Nathan had grabbed my arm.

"What is it?" 

"Um...when you get back, I think-I think we should talk...about Rachel" he said

I smiled and said "Okay" and before leaving completely I looked at Jared and said "you make sure you find another way"

He looked at me and said "I won't stop until I do"