Chapter 12: China and Stress

Finally we had made it to China's airport.

When we had gotten off Jared had already called in for a rental car.

When we had put all of our bags in the trunk, we had gotten in and Jared had drove us to this tall looking building.

"Where are we?"

"A hotel. It's safe if we put everything somewhere instead of carrying it around everywhere" he said.

"Yeah your right"

When we walked inside our room I flopped down on the bed and we all gathered around for a meeting.

"Okay now that we made it to china, our main priority is to get the first bag delivered undetected, and I'm positive that Dave will not make that easy at all...But in the meantime, Alex, has he contacted you yet?" Jared asked.

"No not at all"

"In any case, I'm assuming he knows that we are here" Austin said.

"Wait a minute...how would he know that, we haven't told him anything?" Dad wondered.

"Dave worked for Shaun ever since this started and in many cases I'm willing to bet that Dave knows how to do everything Shaun knew how to do, maybe even better" Jared said.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked.

"It's just like with Alex for instance" Jared looked at me willing me to say something.

"Y-yeah. When I was kidnapped and even when we plotted to try and send him back to jail he was always kind of a step ahead of us"

"Yeah but that was Shaun this is a totally different dude now. Different dude, new things bound to happen" Nathan said with an attitude.

"That may be true, but Dave is just like me...I kept a eye on Shaun ever since I've been working for him and I know a thing or two about his ideas and things he's willing to do before he even does it, that's how close we were...just imagine how much Dave studied and learned...probably better than Shaun" Grant said.

"Yeah, that would explain why Dave was in hiding when things started going downhill for Shaun too" Austin said.

"And adding on to that, Dave is just like Shaun. There has been a lot of greedy people working for Shaun, who will do anything for money...so I'm guessing with Shaun gone, they all will work for for Dave now" Grant added.

"This is a lot to cope with. So all of you have worked for this Shaun guy before?" Dad asked.

Everyone looked at Jared.

Jared sighed as he said.."I'm the one who taught Shaun everything he knows, like the basics..Shaun handled and changed the rest that would fit to his liking" Jared said.

"Psst..figures, so all of this is your fault then huh?" Nathan said.

"Nathan it was a past mistake-"

"Yeah, well it seems like everybody is making past mistakes lately" Nathan looked down and walked out of the room.

"...Don't worry, he's still hurting Alex, he'll come through in no time" dad followed after him.

I nodded but couldn't help think the worst.

"Aside from that, the only thing we can do now is sit and wait" Jared said.