• the pills by my bed have your name on the label •

Dan was home a few days later, on a strict no drugs more food diet, watched over by Barry in their home.

"Don't forget to eat while I'm away, okay? Arin will come over everyday. There's microwave meals in the fridge and there's an alarm set for every meal incase you nap-"

"I know, Barry, don't worry about it. I'll be fine." Danny smiled, not as pale as he was but still very scrawny, his bones easily visible and his spine poking through his back.

Barry frowned and sighed before hugging Dan close, "sorry... I still worry, everyone does. You're the light of this group, dude. It was scary without you..."

Danny frowned heavily and hid his face in Barry's neck, gripping his shirt "I'm sorry... But I can feed myself..." He grinned sheepishly and shoved Barry lightly, tilting his head, "mom."

Barry laughed weakly and sighed, shaking his head, "I'll be back in a few days, have fun and stay safe." Barry walked out slowly and closed the door.

Danny stood there quietly and listened to the car leave the driveway, closing his eyes and standing in the kitchen, finishing his breakfast and going to the bathroom, running a bath quietly.

Time for some self love and some peace.

--

Arin stepped into the house, holding a box of food, and looked around, his heart instantly racing when he heard nothing.

"Danny?"

"Balcony!"

Arin instantly sighed in relief and walked upstairs to dan's room, walking through the clean room and onto the balcony, freezing gently.

Danny was stood there, looking out into the city with a mug of something warm, his hair tied up and soaked through, a thick robe wrapped around himself and his legs crossed behind him.

I shouldn't be distracted by this, I'm married and he's... He's Danny.

"Hey..." Arin spoke carefully, gently setting the food down on the floor and leaning on the black railing next to Dan.

"Hi..." Danny looked spaced out but peaceful, a soft smile gracing his mouth and the stubble along his jaw neatly trimmed.

Arin struggled to hide his blush, smiling kindly and humming, "hey, how are you feeling?"

The younger watched as Danny thought hard, "it depends, emotionally or physically?"

Arin shrugged, "both."

"Emotionally, I'm drained. Physically, I'm getting there. Still some pain but being around you guys is really helping..."

"Ouch. Wanna talk about it?"

Danny shrugged and Arin frowned softly, tying up his hair, "there isn't anything to talk about, really. I'm just kinda tired."

"I'm always here if you need me, Dan."

"Thanks."

--

Danny picked at the food on the plate in front of him, currently at Arin and suzy's house since Arin didn't want to leave him alone.

"So, Danny," Suzy broke the silence with a motherly smile and her sweet voice, "have you spoken to your parents recently?"

Dan nodded and smiled kindly, "yeah, actually. I've been telling them everything since I kinda... Cut contact..." He blushed and frowned, looking down.

"Hey," Arin smiled kindly and put a hand on dan's, "it's alright."

Danny blushed and smiled bright, eating slowly, "thanks..."

"No worries, dude."

--

"I think I love him, Bar."

"We all know, dude. It's okay."

"No, like, love love. Gay love."

"Yeah. We know."

Gasp!! Who was talking to Barry??? That's up to u lol