Chapter 14

I don't even know where to start with him. First he ran out on me because he didn't have faith in me. And on my birthday! Great timing don't you think?!

NO!

It was the worst timing that's what you should be thinking.

Secondly he trashed a whole floor and managed to get himself hurt. Not to mention make his mom worry. I should leave and make him think of what he has done. Second thought, no.  We all know he would flip and think that I was leaving him again.

On a regular day he is actually a genius. Today is not one of those days apparently. I went to his bathroom which was the only place on the sixth floor that did not suffer from his childish tantrum. It was pretty modern and manly, fitting his personality. I walked over to the first set of cupboards to look for a first aid kit or something to help the idiot I call my mate.

The search was short. The first cabinet had just what I needed. I grabbed the kit and walked back to Nick who was sitting on a couch opposite his bed. I tossed the kit down next to him, before taking a seat.

I was pissed and there was nothing he could do about. Mainly because I was pissed at him.

"Give me your hand." I said searching the kit for what I need, not bothering to look at him. He didn't give me his hand which caused me to look up at him. "I need to clean your hand before you get an infection or something."

No reply just eyes. How meaningful. Note my sarcasm. "Stop probing me and give me your fricking hand, Nick!" I don't know which is thicker a brick or Nick. I was getting so mad and his silence wasn't helping at all.

I got up to go but was pulled back down to the chair. Goddess if you can read my mind and I know you can. You should know I'm not happy with you right  now.

I turned to face him. I was fired up to give him some very colourful words. Before anything could slip out though my words got swallowed by his lips. Damn it I can't stay mad.

"I'm sorry." I looked at him, that surely can't be all. I raised an eyebrow questioning him silently. "I'm sorry. I ruined your night and made you leave your party. However, I'm glad you came."

"Nick I wished you knew by now that I wouldn't leave you. I could have done that a long time ago. But--"

"No buts please." I finished cleaning his hand.  I could be in his presence any longer for the night. I needed time away from him.

"I'm sorry. Nick you need time to learn to trust me. So I'll give you time." I got up once again but this time I stopped him from making any moves. " Don't try to stop me. You know where I am when you're ready to fully trust me."

He needed to get his shit together because I wasn't going to do it for him. Seriously, I've never gave him any indication that I would leave him. Why would I? He was perfect.

That's probably the hardest thing I've had to do in a long while. My heart felt like someone was crushing it. I managed to walk steady to the doors but the second I was out I ran until I fell into the arms of Dalia."Athena what's wrong? What happened?"

"Please take me home."

"Okay. Celeste here are my keys I'll stay with her in the back." I'm glad they weren't prying but I know the minute I reach my room I would have to spill. You don't just cry in front your best friends and expect them not to have questions. I knew I would have a lot of them and I'd also be plotting the guys murder too. A little overboard but that's how I'd feel if they were in my place.

Dalia held me in her arms as Celeste drove us home. The car was filled with so much unanswered questions and low music coming from the radio. The pain was unbearable. I thought it was my heart that had terrible pains. No it was much more than that. What ever was happening to me was hurting like a bitch.

"Stop the car!" My outburst had everyone flying back into their seats. The pain was too much. I got out the car. My skin, everything was on fire. The pain was growing more and more intense by the seconds. I let out a gut wrenching scream that made the birds in the forest take flight. I was not kidding, they took flight.

"Oh shit!" I heard Celeste say but it sounded so far away. What was happening to me? "This is not good. I repeat not good."

"Her wolf is coming out." Dalia followed up. "We need to get her into the woods. Now."

I felt two arms wrap around me and the next thing you know I was been carried through the woods until we stopped. My body was hurting and I wanted it to stop.

"Your wolf is coming out. I'm alerting the pack but please don't fight it. It will hurt even more if you fight her." I saw her backing away from me. "Sorry for backing away but royals aren't known to be too friendly on their first change. I love life so am gonna go stand over there." My vision were getting blurry but I'm pretty sure I saw Dalia and Celeste make a run for it. Perfect! Now I'm all a lone and this wolf was driving me nuts.

The pain was coming down even harder, rendering me to the forest floor. Not nice changing on my first time. No fighting. No fighting. No fighting or it will hurt more. I really don't like this. My screams filled the quiet forest.

Please just come out already. The sound of my bones cracking is making me sick. Boy when they said your first time was painful they weren't exaggerating. If anything all they said was an understatement to what I feel right now. Everything bad in one was what it felt like.

I don't know how long I screamed or listen to the sound of my bones crack and reset. But I was pretty aware of the relief I felt when it was over. Like coming up for air.  I tried to move forward but I fell. I was so tired from the change. I tried to stand again but fell once more. It was weird standing on all fours.  I tried again and once I got use to it I jetted off deeper into the forest. I was like instinct. The speed was unimaginable.

If I could speak out loud in wolf form the first words to be uttered would be 'FREEDOM'. A small stream came into view. I tried to slow down, but I guess I wasn't that graceful of a wolf as I thought I was.

You know I tripped over a log and land right inside. Damn water was so cold. Remind me never to jump into water mid fall no matter where I go. I shook off the water as I got out.

Now how do you change back?? Dalia is nowhere in sight. I don't even know where the hell I am. Nice. Just what I needed.

You're not a total idiot. You can shift back and get out of the forest. Whoever came up with the whole pep talk yourself idea really suck because it isn't working. 

I really needed help and there was no one to call out for. Why did I have to change at night. If it was in the day I would've felt much better. Bad things happen in the night. Like my shift for example. Then Dalia and Celeste left me because they were a bunch of wusses.

To add to my troubles, I was lost and the forest was getting really creepy. And I seriously wanted to pee. There is seriously nothing worse that could happen. Actually I take that back. A lot could happen and I really don't want to know what.

I needed to calm down ASAP and devise a plan to get out of here.

If my years of science taught me anything is that I should think logically. So if I came from the right that direction should lead me back to Dalia. If that doesn't work there is enough proof to prove that I really am an idiot.

Oh well only one way to prove that With that I took off in the direction I came. This might just work. I had hope that soon enough I'd see Dalia and Celeste.

I was taking my time to ensure that I was going in the tight direction. The trees weren't much help considering that they all looked the same. Tall with green leaves. There were no geographical uniqueness to mark where I've been and it was making me worry.

I stopped running and sat in a spot. Hopefully there are pack wolves coming. If I stay in one spot they'll be able to find me much easier. For now I guess I'll just count the leaves on the trees or something. Wither way I was looking at a very uneventful wait

Someone better find me soon. I don't know how long I can last. Waiting was not something that I was great at. At all.