6: Smile

***Liam’s Point of View***

“That was incredible,” I said as the lads and I all exit the stage. I removed my earpiece and grabbed a water bottle from a nearby table.

“Yeah. Loud crowd tonight,” Zayn agreed.

“Yeah, I’ll be back,” Harry said, quickly walking off. What was he up to? The other boys didn’t seem to notice his suspicious behavior.

“We should head back to the dressing room,” Louis insisted. The other lads immediately agreed. Something was off here. They all were acting somewhat strange. I just couldn’t pinpoint what they were exactly acting strange about.

I followed them back to the dressing room, but before we went in Louis winked at me. Before I could ask why, he opened the door, and I figured it out for myself.

***Jessie’s Point of View***

“Okay, Liam should be coming back any minute now. Just a heads up,” Harry said. I nodded.

“Why exactly am I here again?”

“Because I need to see his reaction,” he explained with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. This was such a waste of time. I was there to thank him and apologize, but if I wasn’t there’d be no point. Suddenly the door swung open and there stood the familiar brown eyed boy looking directly at me.

“Jessie?”

“Hey,” I said with a smile.

“Wow. You’re being friendly. That’s weird. What’s going on?” he asked, clearly not sure of anything as he walked further into the room.

“I was reading this magazine the other day,” I began. His eyes widened.

“Did the story leak?! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I tried really hard to make sure they didn’t-“

“No, no, no, don’t worry,” I assured him, chuckling at his panic. “I know you stopped the story. The article was about your rebellion against your manager. I wanted to thank you.”

“Oh,” he said, clearly relieved. “That’s good to hear. Um, you’re welcome.”

That’s when I realized all of the other boys were intensely staring at me and Liam. He noticed it too.

“Excuse us a moment,” I said, annoyed by their gawking as I pulled Liam outside the door.

“Sorry about them,” he chuckled.