2: Fake

“I have been informed that they have just entered the building,” my mom said with a smile as she walked in. The look on Aria’s face was priceless.

“They’re here! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! AHHH!”

“Take a deep breath,” I advised, chuckling at her excitement. “You don’t want to scare them away.”

“But ONE DIRECTION IS IN THE BUILDING!”

“I’m aware.”

“Is Aria alright?” Ella asked from her seat in the corner of the room. I chuckled and picked her up, placing her on my lap.

“Aria is fine. She’s just a little excited,” I told her.

“Here they come,” my dad said, peeking out the door. Aria tried to compose herself as their voices carried. They were chatting in the hall as they walked.

“Hello,” said the first boy as he entered, looking around. He had short messy brown hair going in all different directions.

“Louis,” Aria said immediately, looking a little overwhelmed by the fact that he was standing in front of her.

“Hi,” said the second boy. The only blonde one of the group. His smile was contagious.

As the rest entered the room, the space shrank. It was sort of a tight squeeze. I learned all their names, although I didn’t know how I’d ever remember them.

 The blonde one was Niall. That wouldn’t be too hard, considering the rest were brunette.

Of course Louis was the first one who walked in. The one with the messy hair. He seemed like a fun guy.

 The one with the curls was Harry. I was pretty sure Aria liked him the most. I wasn’t surprised; He seemed like a charmer.

The one with the darkest hair was Zayn. His skin was a bit tanner than the rest, but not by much.

The last one to walk in caught my eye right away. Why? Well, maybe because he was staring directly at me. His short caramel colored hair was sort of spiked upward. I noticed a beard sprouting from his chin, and his brown eyes wouldn’t leave mine. I tried to focus on Aria as she hugged Zayn, but the one guy kept looking at me. I later learned that his name was Liam. Liam Payne.

“Thank you so much for coming,” my mother said to the boys. She introduced herself, Ella, me, and my dad.

“It’s great to meet you all. And it’s no problem. Our fans mean a lot to us, and we’re happy to make Aria feel better,” Harry said with a smile. I involuntarily rolled my eyes.  I didn’t think anyone noticed. Then, I saw Liam smirking at me as he hugged Aria. He saw me. I could tell. When he was done, he came and sat next to me.

“Problem?” he asked in a low voice. No one was paying attention to us. They were all talking to Aria. Ella had already hopped off my lap to go stand behind my mother. She was clearly overwhelmed by all these new people.

“I just wasn’t expecting you guys to be so fake,” I answered honestly. I could tell he was surprised by my bold statement, but he tried not to show it.

“Fake?”

“Come on. Don’t try to give me this bullshit. You’re here because it helps your reputation and boosts your fame. Nothing more. Stop pretending.”

“We’re not pretending. We came here to see your sister and make her wish come true.”

“Really? Because all you seem to be doing is arguing with me. Shouldn’t you be talking to her if that’s what you’re here for?”

I don’t know why I was so nasty to him. After all, they were trying to do something nice. I just hated the idea that they were pretending it was all for the well-being of my sister. That may have been part of it, but they couldn’t honestly say that publicity never crossed their minds when accepting the offer. I couldn’t blame them, but it was just annoying.

He finally left me alone and went to talk to Aria with the other boys. Why was he even talking to me in the first place? If he was looking to flirt with me then he was doing it wrong, and I probably shot down any courage he had anyway. I bet it was a reality check for him to talk to someone who wasn’t on their knees begging for his attention.

Good. He could use one.

Don’t get me wrong. I had nothing against One Direction. My sister was a huge fan, but I saw them as a classic case of fame stricken teenagers. I’d seen the X Factor videos and everything. They were normal people, but they didn’t act like it anymore. Maybe it was their management that made them change, but I didn’t like it.

“This is really generous of them,” my dad said, sitting next to me. Why? Because they’re sacrificing their oh-so-valuable time?

“Yeah,” I said, hiding my annoyance. “Real generous.”

AUTHORS NOTE

Okay so it's chapter 2 and I already dont like where this story is heading :P It's kind of awful. I might rewrite it, but I haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think please! I would really appreciate criticism! Also if anyone wants to make me a new cover, go for it. I'm not loving the one I have. Thanks for reading! (: Love youu xx