Twelve: Blood Vow

Today is our day.

The weddings rings have arrived. Xavier's tux has arrived. My dress has arrived. More ladies have arrived for Castiel. And Xavierwas gone before I had even woken up, but a note was left for me on the night table.

'Ares needed me. We're discussing employment possibilities today. My new position will be decided before our wedding, and it will be made official when Castiel Awakens. I'll see you soon, Mrs Reyes. Very soon.'

Breakfast was delivered to our room. The eggs were delicious, and the home fries were soft.

The guests would be arriving soon. Xander would get to work with Xavier. Everything was gradually coming together. There were still over two dozen girls outside Castiel's room, and over fifty roses, the floor is almost entirely covered.

Hera has placed the wedding dress in a private bathing room. It's smaller, and the water is lighter and a little warmer and lighter blue. It makes my skin tingle. My skin feels softer, and I smell like vanilla lotion. The bathing room has two separate rooms; one for the bathroom and another that holds a vanity mirror, makeup and hair essentials.

I wear a matching bra and panties underneath the wedding dress. The handmaiden's help me into it, and it fits very nicely. The shoes pinch my toes, but if I have to, I'll go barefoot at the celebration afterwards. Nervousness gnaws at my stomach, and I find myself unable to stop smiling while the handmaiden's do my hair and makeup.

My hair is curled, and the veil is carefully placed on top of my head. My nails are manicured, and painted pink. The makeup is delicate and light. Between my auburn hair, the makeup and the dress, I look entirely wild. I look beautiful, delicate, and small.

           Xander is waiting outside the door of the bathing quarters', and he embraces me. "Thank you for what you did." Xander looks very nice in dress clothes, but still looks strangely out of place here. He takes me in slowly, his eyes the same as his older brother's. Xander is indeed wearing a watch. Oscar's watch; the only thing that rescued him from his property. "You look beautiful."

            "Did you think Xavier will like it?"

         Xander laughs a little, and manages a small smile. "He'll like the dress better off." There's a few beats of silence. "Welcome to the family, sis. My brother is lucky to have you."

        "And I'm lucky to have him."

         Hera peeks around the corner. "You look gorgeous! That dress was an amazing choice." She compliments. "Are you ready?" She doesn't even question why Xander was here. It's obvious that Hera and Xander have already been acquainted today.

          "I think so." I smile. "Thank you, Hera."

          Hera couldn't stop smiling, either. "I simply wish the best for you and Xavier."

           The three of us begin to walk up, up, up the corridor. The heels are hurting my feet, but I don't complain. We turn the last corner into a dead end, where the elevator awaits us, and Xander helps me inside of it.

            The elevator ride was a long one, and my stomach helplessly churns as we move up, up, up.

            When it dings, we're let out to a single tunnel that moves upward. At the end of it, is the promise of a blinding sun and the promise of a husband waiting for me. I do my best to move at their pace.

            We emerge into the sunlight, onto a small dock, and this makes me happy that Poseidon agreed to let us have the wedding here.  The sun is tall and threatening, high in the afternoon sky, and not a cloud in sight. Luck is on our side tonight. . . We move from the dock, onto the sand.