Twenty Five: Vengeance

"So what is it with this place?"

       "What do you mean?" Blair asks, raising an eyebrow at me; she's attempting to show me where the dining hall is, but I'm not really paying attention much. My attention is all on her, and I keep reminding myself that I need my usual asshole exterior to be exactly on point with this one. Nobody likes a Mr. Nice Guy. So far both Ariel and Lola have proved that to me, and nothing about that has changed. She stares expectantly at me, not knowing what I mean.

      I gesture towards the décor, "this shit; what's with the white décor? What's with this insanenly beautiful castle on a deserted island with it's extremely beautiful maids? I don't get it. How did you get here to serve someone like Knox?"

      "Someone like Knox, come on Prince of Darkness, that sounds a little judgmental -- don't you think?"

      "Come on -- drop the nickname, sweetheart. In case you hadn't heard, I'm an illigitament Prince of Darkness. You still didn't answer my questions." Was she actually flirting with me? She leads me past a series of unmarked doors and rooms overfilled with odd little trinkets inside or rooms that were completely empty. They each have a plaque beside the door with a single number and a letter beside it. Right now we were passing '194B'. 

       "Which question was it that you wanted me to answer first?" Blair offers me a small smile. She is definitely flirting with me.

       "How does a beautiful maid like you come to work for someone like Knox? How did you get onto this deserted island?"

       I feel myself smiling when I see her blushing, and I find myself unable to look away from her. Despite finally having the watch and the power to go anywhere, do anything, see anything and anyone I wanted -- my gut twists with knowing and I know that I cannot leave my mother -- or this sexy maid. It's not her smile, but something in her eyes that draws me towards her. She's tough, and something about the crazed look in her eyes reminds me of the girl that so long ago punched me in the face on my twenty first birthday. Would Blair be there to punch  me on my twenty third birthday?

       "Knox saved me, actually."

       "I never took you for the damsel in distress, type."

       She playfully elbows me.

        "If you still need saving, you do have a Prince right next to you."

        "You couldn't save me even if you wanted to," It was barely a whisper but I heard it. She shows me her wrist, where a glowing golden barcode waits with a series of numbers below it. "Do you see this?" She asks. "This is what's keeping me here. There is no way off of this island, Castiel. That watch is your only saving grace, so do not let him take that from you. Knox saved me and I'll forever be grateful to him. What I have to go back to isn't much better than being here." She leads us down a deserted corridor and down the stairwell, to where yet another set of double doors waited.

       "Is Knox a God?"

        "Yes," Blair replies, "But that's one thing I'm forbidden to tell you. We cannot speak about Knox to anyone. That's his number one rule, and I will never break it -- not even for a Prince that would save me. You'll find that I'm no ordinary maid, Castiel."

          We stop near a pillar, and her back is slightly against it. "No," I shake my head, "You're different."

        "How can you tell?" She raises an eyebrow.

       "Let's just say that I have very good intuition." She was so close that I could see her pink lip-gloss, and I could smell her strawberry flavored breath.