Fifteen: Search

*includes graphic interrogation/ torture scene for Oscar

          Aphrodite threw flirtatious gazes Ares' way now that her daughters and Xavier are gone. Ares and Hercules got into consistent arguments, and Athena would always come to Hercules rescue, silencing Ares. Hera remained absent from lunch altogether, joining Poseidon's wife in her chambers. Meanwhile, Poseidon nurses a headache. Artemis and I remain quiet through out lunch-time, casting occasional glances around the table but not wanting to talk much.

         A grisly end.

         The thought has been at the back of my mind all day since Xavier left. Every question bouncing uselessly back at me, and unable to answer it. Was he and Xander okay? What were they doing? What would our punishments be after this was all over? Neither of us would be going to Tartarus. I wonder what else they had in mind, and I shiver. They were always creative with their punishments. I just hoped that ours would not be cruel.

          When lunch was over and the plates were cleared, Poseidon passed watches around the table; in total, there are four watches in total for Ares, Artemis, Hercules and I.

          "My hunters will watch the mountains." Artemis said. "One foot onto my land, and I'll know it."

         "And I have my soldiers watching out for her as well." Ares says, slipping the watch onto his wrist.

         Hercules frowns, "You know acesories aren't really my thing, Poseidon." He wrinkles his nose, leaving the watch on the table. I narrow my eyes at him.

          "That watch will allow you to go anywhere in the world, Hercules. Put it on, and we'll begin our search, shortly.  But first, we'll have a little visit with Oscar."

           Oscar, as it turns out, was laying in his cell, looking bored and broken; his bruises were healing, but I could tell that his ego was still hurt. Even from here, even though he was trying to hide it, I could see the fear in Oscar's eyes; the anticipation. It would be so easy to fool him. He studied our expressions, and suddenly, a laugh fills his throat. "You couldn't find her. So you perhaps thought calling in backup might help me to. . . Spill the beans?" Oscar leans forward, smashing his fists against the walls, making me jump and making Hercules laugh a little. Artemis narrows her eyes. "Good luck with that one. I'd rather drown in your oceans than tell you where she might be."

          "What a marvelous idea," I don't like the way Poseidon smiles at Oscar like that. He produces something from his pocket that looks like a remote control. I shiver, and there's even a little fear in Oscar's eyes. "Do you know what this is Oscar?"

           Oscar stays silent, and I have the gnawing feeling in my stomach that something very bad is about to happen. A lump forms in my throat, and I feel like I can't breathe. I look at Oscar's ceiling in his room, and back up a little when I see the endless blue. Poseidon couldn't so this. He wouldn't. That look in his eyes told me otherwise. They would do anything in their power to get what they wanted from him.

            "My sanctuary is one of the safest in the world, and it's also the most deadliest. I suppose that's why I don't receive many visitors here. However, your room and everyone else's rooms are equipped with drains invade of a. . . Leak. Every room is separately sealed off incase of an accident - " When Poseidon pressed the button, a small, tiny hole opens up in the ceiling of Oscar's room.

            Oscar shakes his head, looking towards the hole and laughing. The hole wasn't big enough for him to even crawl through, but that blue, beautiful water came gushing slowly down into his prison cell. It would take forever - the water came gushing slightly faster and faster still, until Oscar stops laughing. He looks at each of the gods like they will object. His desperate gaze finally settles on me.