Chapter 2

Zia

I woke up early next morning and went about my morning business.  After I showered and got dressed in black skinny jeans and a dark blue tank top, I grabbed my crop denim jacket and went to the kitchen barefoot to grab some cereal. As I slowly had my breakfast, Lara and Jenny walked downstairs. "When are you going to let that jacket go?" Lara asked laughing. I just gave her a wink and a grin while I washed my bowl. They just laughed and shook their heads. Lara wore a dark red t shirt which said ' too hot, u'll get burned ' with denim shorts and black converse while Jenny wore a simple dress that looked like a sundress with a shrug and some flats. As they had their cereal, I pulled on my combat boots. I'm never going to try wearing those crazy heels that Jenny can usually carry off. They are too uncomfortable to walk or in my case run in.
We picked our suitcases and had a pack member drop us at the airport. The meeting will be conducted tomorrow, so even after we reach there we'll have the rest of the day to take rest and tour the city. By the way, the meeting's in Los Angeles. Yup, totally tour worthy.
---------
It was in the night at around 8 we reached the hotel after dinner. We were very tired as we dragged ourselves and our bags from the elevator to the door of our suite. Jenny had taken us on a shopping spree when she noticed a few windows screaming sale. One thing everybody around us know is to never mess with Jenny when it comes to shopping. As we entered, the calming lights already soothed our eyes making us feel drowsy. We just left to our rooms to change and crash.

I woke up to the sound of my phone's alarm and glanced at the screen to see it blinking six am. I dragged myself off the bed and went into the bathroom to do my morning business and change into sweat pants, a tank top and my sports shoes. As I stepped out of my room , I noticed Lara and Jenny already ready to go to the gym. This is why we remained as one of the strongest packs. I had made sure that my pack would be disciplined enough to not change their morning schedule which included waking up at 6, training till 7:30 and then going off about their usual work. The only ones exempted from this were the elders, pregnant women and toddlers. Thinking about this, we left our suite to go to the gym.
The gym was empty when we entered. Exactly how I like it. We just trained for the one and a half hours we had before going back to the suite. While training I had felt someone stare hard at me but when I turned I didn't see anyone. "What is it?" Lara asked. I just turned to her, shook my head no and resumed training.
As soon as we reached the room we all just walked into our rooms for a shower. I showered quickly and then walked into my room to get dressed. Since it a formal meet, I pulled on my grey formal pants and white blouse before donning my grey blazer. I stepped out into the dining room of the suite, ordered breakfast and settled into a chair to sort out my paperwork. As I was going through the papers, the doorbell rang. Lara and Jenny stepped out of their rooms and while Lara went to open the door, Jenny just came and sat beside me. Jenny had worn a black pencil skirt that reached just above her knees with a black full hand blouse tucked in and a pair of stockings. Lara walked in with our breakfast wearing a beige turtle necked dress that reached just above her knees with a black blazer. "Yummy yum yum. Z, girl you know how to please a growling tummy." Lara said.  Jenny and I just chuckled. "Yeah since today we'll be hearing a lot of growling, I'm sure the last thing we need is a growling stomach." I said as I bit into my toast. We just laughed and had our breakfast before hurrying to go attend the meet.