Chapter 16

Jack

We returned to the clearing holding hands. It seemed pretty intimate, the way we held each other. As soon as we entered, everyone noticed the change in our scents. It brought bright smiles on their faces, and a reluctant blush on Zia's face. We dispersed and I got to speak to a few of the pack elders and warriors. It was pretty evident on how everyone depended and doted on their three leaders. Speaking of my beta and third, they were pretty busy with their mates but that did not stop them from secretly wiggling their brows at me or sending meaningful smiles. The event was finished very soon and the clearing had emptied. When it was to head back inside, Zia glanced at me questioningly. I simply smiled and kissed her hard on the lips. She was pretty dazed when we pulled back but before she could say something, I turned and left for my room. I hurried through my shower and pulled on my pyjama pants. After making sure that everything was alright with my pack back home, I cut the call and left the room in search of my mate. As I moved around the hallway, I suddenly picked her scent up and followed it. I reached a large door, which I suspected to be leading to her bedroom and knocked. The door swung open not a minute late, Zia's shocked face coming into view. Not exactly sure what to say, I simply kissed her. She seemed to have gotten the message as she pulled me into her room and slammed the door shut. Before I could appreciate her room, she just pushed me onto the bed and climbed on top, kissing me hard. I just groaned at the back of my throat and shifted to below me. I looked deep into her eyes and seemed to come to an agreement. We didn't push far and later just cuddled and slept peacefully.

Zia

It was refreshing to wake up beside Jack after a good night's sleep. We were scheduled to go through training and other protocols before giving ourselves an afternoon of fun and outings. We were almost done with our work when Lara rushed to tell me that there were people outside the border waiting to speak to me. Looking at the anger on her face, I knew who it was and I groaned. "What happened? Who is it?" Jack asked. "Alpha Logan", I said, kneading my brows. He was beginning to give me a headache. "Remember the problem I had dealt with the day you arrived, that was him." I finished. "But why is he here?" Jack asked, perplexed. "Apart from being my neighbour, he also is my maternal uncle." To say he was shocked would have been an understatement.

Well he certainly was going to get many surprises......................................