Chapter 13

Zia

The walk back was filled with tension . Jack didn't even look at me the whole time. I tried asking him what was wrong but he wouldn't even look at me. Honestly, I was getting pissed off but also sad as I again started missing a mate who was right beside me but with a foot of distance between us. As we reached the pack house, he asked Lara if she could show him where the guest rooms were. He didn't want to talk to me ,that was clear. How do I manage to do this to everyone around me? How do I upset them all so well? What on earth do I do? Trying not to drown myself in these emotions, I walked to room, washed my face, changed into a knee length formal white dress and put on my flats. Before leaving the room, I looked at my reflection and decided. Jade, girl I'm going crazy with these secrets with him. And its only been a few days. I need to get myself straight. I know Zia and I agree with you. Lets do this. We can only hope this will work......My last thought before leaving my room was

Hope is all we have right now...........

Jack

I had just gotten changed in the guest bedroom I was shown to. I was still pissed off with Zia. I have personally seen how secrets have destroyed people, my family for that matter. My father was not the most favourable father figure. His ruthlessness, which he gained in his years of being an alpha, didn't end with rogues or at the battle grounds, he brought it home. All that to hide a secret. He would not raise a hand on my mother, no that wasn't the problem. It was his inability to give her a little time each day. He was a notorious playboy and though he loved my mother like every other mate should, it wasn't restricted to just her. He had hook-ups in every pack he visited. His blatant escapades were lost on my mother as she had made up her mind that it was because she wasn't good enough for him. He broke her heart every day with his actions, till the day she died in a rogue attack while trying to save a cub. He had been on one of his pleasure trips at that time and hadn't been there to save her. I was a young toddler at that time. Later, after a lot of digging, I had found that during his younger days, he had killed a civilian. She was one of his hook-ups, but according to our laws we were not supposed to show our reality to common humans. His wolf had emerged due to some reason when he was with her and the transformation ended up killing her. His brilliant idea to create a huge line of such hook-ups to cover his tracks had finally ended up with the breaking of my family apart. I will not let it happen again due to Zia. Not ever again.

Please, don't let that happen to us sweetheart............