Chapter 12

Zia

We had all met at the garden outside the pack house to catch up together. "Come on, we could give you guys a tour of the place. What say, Alpha?" Jenny suggested. I nodded. "Good idea. Let's go in wolf form. It'll be a good let out as well. You guys go ahead. I need to check on the preparations for tonight." They simply nodded and started walking away but Jack stayed behind. "Let me help you. You know you can ask me to, right?" he said. I simply looked at him, noticing the tone of his voice change. Without any reluctance I nodded. I knew I could depend on him. "Just go, I swear I'll catch up."

Jack

After my mate so subtly pushed me away I grumbled and went with the others . My mind was preoccupied but I did pay attention to the others to know what they were telling. Mate is worried about something.. Why is she hiding from us?...So I certainly wasn't the only one who noticed it, my wolf did as well . Before we could think more about it , we were hit by a deep stench. "Oh damn, what's that smell?" I groaned loudly. When I looked at the girls, they looked scared ,with wide eyes and suddenly both of them were mindlinking somebody. When were heard some crumpling leaves ,we turned to see Zia standing there with a scared and sad expression. She shook her head and said,"What are you guys doing here? Let's go back and get ready for the ceremony" she ended with a smile. I simply narrowed my eyes at her and asked "Will somebody tell me what's going on?" Paul caught on with my thinking and said " Alpha, please calm down. It's not the same." I simply nodded towards him . But that didn't mean I still wasn't angry. I had had enough of these lies in my life and was not looking for more. But to see my own mate hiding was not a comforting thought. "Jack please, let's go." Zia said. I could see she had reason for everything she did but I had one too....
A very big one..........