Chapter 11

Jack

Later, when we were all settled in Zia's office, I pulled her attention to me and asked " What was the situation? ". I gazed hard at her. She sighed and explained about Logan's visit. That low life, I'm going to shred him to pieces.... And Ace kept rambling on and on, in the back of my mind. Honestly I agree with him. "Hey calm down."  I hadn't noticed when Zia had caught on with what was going on inside my head and simply nodded. "So as you heard we will officially announce you as our mates at the meeting and since we have time, why not have look around the pack grounds?" Lara suggested. We all nodded and then went separate ways. I made sure I had intertwined my fingers with Zia's. She gasped slightly and looked at our hands and then at me. I just smiled at her and pulled her out the front door.

Zia

Jack and I were walking around the pack grounds. I still couldn't get over the emotions I felt when he entwined our fingers but I tried covering it up. I have seen the mated couples in our pack and while such actions seemed sweet they never made sense to me. I wouldn't go as far as scowl or gag but just went to extent of keeping a blank face. Some of the older couples would just say, 'wait for when you find your mate' and smile. But I had been scared and apprehensive about finding a mate all the while hoping for one. The feelings were always confusing. As guessed, I didn't have many close real life examples of a 'happy couple'. My parents were together but there was a complexity others didn't understand. My father was a strong leader but sometimes he would act weird, emotionally. I blame it on his father.... My so helpful wolf reminded me of her opinion. I agree, my grandfather was weird but we couldn't do anything. My mother was a strong woman, both emotionally and physically. She was the perfect example of 'the ideal Luna'. But she always stressed upon the fact that I focus about the Alpha position rather than the Luna. She said I was 'the boy and the girl of the house'. She had taught me to not trust others easily. But now when I look at Jack, I can't help but question myself - can I trust him? He's our mate, he'll not harm us. We should trust him.....Jade replied in my head. During my mental musings I forgot that I was with Jack, who was tugging at my hand with a worried expression on his face. "What are you thinking about?" he asked with a frown. Such a cute frown... Jade was severely distracted. "Nothing, I'll tell you later." He huffed and grumbled something like 'her not saying anything' and 'making wolf go crazy'. I simply laughed at his Alpha tendencies. But a small voice at the back of my mind kept screaming.. When will you open up to him? Anytime soon, sweetheart?
Damn, I have a sarcastic mind. I certainly doesn't help when you have a brain screaming all the time in your head about your wrongdoings. Sometimes Jade helps me cope up with me. There are some secrets that very few people know. I'm usually mortally scared of these secrets. I have no idea how Jack will react to them.

Comment
Vote
Share
Please?????? 😄