Chapter 15(part 1)

Zia

The walk away from the arena was a tense one. He didn't question me about the direction but I knew the alpha in him would be wary of his surroundings. I was slowly leading him there......Where I lost my everything...

Fifteen years ago..

I was playing in the garden behind my house when I heard screaming inside. It was my mother. I raced towards the sounds. I always knew my parents fought but one night when I asked my mother about it, she said, "People make mistakes, sweetheart and if we know that, its our job to correct them." When I reached I saw my mother scream again, not from pain but from anger, anger at my dad. He had made a mistake but he was angry at her as well. She was glaring at him and before I knew what happened she ran out of the house into the adjoining forest. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do so I just ran after her. Running after her was difficult as she was fast but I caught up just in time to see her entering a cave. When I followed her inside, I saw what was there. There were many chests but I saw my mother sitting among them and crying. "Mama?" I called out. Hearing my voice she turned my way and said only one thing, "Zia , promise you will become an alpha better than your father or your uncle." I promised her that day, not knowing what the future had for me....................

"Zia?", he jerked me back to the present with his voice. I turned to look at him and that's when I realised two things- one, I was crying as he came and hugged me tightly and that two, I was clenching my fists tightly. "I'm sorry Jack. I didn't mean to hide anything from you. Its just I've had memories with this place that I'm not sure you'll want to know about", I said. "Baby, what is it?" he asked gently. I clenched my fists again. My memory of fifteen years ago was just the beginning. The actual incident happened way later, precisely six and a half years ago. "This place has been very important to me. Its the place where I found who I was supposed to become and who I was supposed to not become. This was my mother's cave. She had all her treasures here, all waiting for the day I become alpha. I had visited this place in my childhood very few times as my mother made sure I didn't let this secret out in front of my father. When I saw you guys here this morning, I was terrified, thinking I had let her down. This place is too precious for me and her" I said. " But why does it smell this bad here? Like spoilt vegetables or rotten eggs......."he drifted off. He suddenly looked up after contemplating, eyes wide with alarm. I sighed and breathed out slowly, trying to control my sobs. "This is were they died Jack, this is where they were killed. This is where my parents died......."