Chapter 10

Zia

We had reached the border in record time and were worried as we rushed through the crowd forming. Just as I made my way, I was greeted by the intoxicating smell.
" Jack " I breathed out.......

Jack

We were standing at Zia's territory border that she shared with us, waiting . Since we had returned I had been agitated. I was missing her. And a growling wolf inside your head does not help. So after I calmed him down, I spoke to Paul and Larry. We decided to pay the girls a visit. That brought a boost in our actions and so, by the next evening I had sorted out the paperwork, Larry had devised new patrol routes and Paul had assigned new guards around our borders. I assigned the head warrior in charge for a few days and informed everyone about our visit to the neighbouring pack. We had already announced to the pack that we found our mates and they seemed to be very happy about it. Thinking about their reaction brought a small smile onto my face.
"Jack" I heard a strong feminine voice breathe out. I snapped my head towards my mate. "Zia" I said and stepped forward. Some of the guards growled at me. "Stand down" she growled out and they just stepped back, whimpering. I started walking and she met me half way in a tight hug. Ace was howling inside my head. I could hear gasps. I guess she didn't inform them yet. She slowly let go of me and looked up at me, smiling. "I'm so glad you're here." she said. She turned and said, "Amber, I need you to inform all the pack members to assemble at around 8 for an announcement."  A short haired girl stepped up and said "Yes Alpha" and bolted away. "Sebastian, thank you but this is not a threat. You guys can go back to your posts." Slowly the crowd started dispersing. "Well, that's a reaction" I said, grinning and we started walking, I'm guessing towards her pack house . "I know. But there are two reasons, one - they have never seen the three of us bring anyone else closer and two - a small incident earlier" she said. "What happened?" I asked, worried. "Don't worry it's been taken care of."
Before I could press on it, we had reached her pack house. When I turned, I couldn't find our friends anywhere. "Well looks like they are busy. Come, let's talk in my office"  she said. I nodded and she led me to her office. I walked in first and looked around, while she came later and closed the door. When she turned, I caught her wrist and pulled her towards me. She was shocked still for a few moments but then she smiled. I brought my face closer to her and looked directly into her eyes, "Well, I certainly am glad I came." I said, breathing hard and trying to control my myself. She just smiled wider and crashed her lips to mine, kissing me hard. I was shocked to say the least. But then I didn't disappoint her and returned the kiss. "Damn, I missed you", she breathed out as she pulled apart. I pushed her to the wall and added "You have no idea how much...." and crashed my lips onto hers again. My last thought
Damn if I didn't miss my fiesty mate....