Chapter 17

Jack

My first coherent thought was That asshole is her Maternal Uncle.......Ace remembered his behaviour during the meet and started growling. What kind of an uncle does that? These thoughts plagued my mind while I ran beside my mate towards the borders. As we neared the area, we could hear growling. Zia just rubbed the area between her brows, muttering, "When will they learn?" When we came into the clearing, I recognised the idiot Logan, who turned towards us. His expression was comical. He was certainly shocked seeing me with Zia. But then he started scowling. "So this what you have resorted to, Alpha Zia?" he scowled. "What is it now, Logan? Don't you have anything better to do other than bother us every few days? You better work on your pack if you don't want it falling below third." Zia sassed. I personally wanted to cheer for her. That's my girl I thought. Our girl....Ace growled. He turned red with fury and turned his gaze towards me. "So is she your flavour of the month? That's what you get in turn for supporting her? Goddess knows how many she has already spread her legs for" he growled out. I was seeing red and in that moment, Ace took over. "That's my mate you are talking about, you worthless mutt. If you want to save yourself, scram away NOW" he growled out loudly. Paul and Larry too flanked me and growled at his other pack members. I could see fear in his eyes as his beta tried to pull him away to safety, advising him to let it go. He was smart enough to listen to his beta and turned around. But before leaving, he looked at Zia and said, " I'll see you some other time. You better expect a surprise soon." Saying so he walked away. As soon as he was out of sight, Zia turned to the short haired girl and said, "Amber, call all the warriors for a meeting in two hours." Amber nodded and left. We started making our way towards the pack house. When we reached there, Zia grabbed my hand and pulled me in, letting Lara know not to disturb her before the meeting.

Zia

I asked Lara not to disturb till before the meeting and then pulled Jack into the pack house. I dragged him all the way to my room and went in, locking the door behind me. When I turned, I could still see Jack fuming and pacing. He was muttering stuff like- how dare he, that mutt, I'll kill that bastard... I simply grabbed hold of his shoulder , turned him to me and pushed onto the bed. I got onto him, straddling him and kissed him hard. When we pulled away, I said, "Out there, that was pretty hot." Saying so, I kissed him again. This time he responded quickly and flipped us such that my back was on the bed and he hovered above me. "That asshole will not be saying anything like that in front of me again" he growled out. I simply smiled and kissed him again. BUt in the back of my mind was,

What is the surprise Logan was talking about?................