Chapter 7

Jack

She and her friends walked straight towards our booth and I took the time to check her out. The jumpsuit complemented her physique very well. She looked neat yet sexy. It was the kind of outfit that an alpha would wear. Ace was happy and was sighing senseless in my head. They strode confidently towards us and I let a small smirk on my face when I noticed my mate stare at me as she walked. I could see her appreciation in her eyes and Ace sighed thankfully. He had warned me that if I didn't dress properly for our mates he would not take his rejection because of me lightly. Although I growled at him, the thought of rejection kind of scared me. They took their seats beside us in our booth such that we were all sitting beside our mates.
I found out that her beta was my beta's mate and her third was my third's mate. Crazy coincidence. When she sat beside me, she looked a little reluctant but then, as if taking a brave step, she turned towards me and said " Hi, I'm Zia. I'm sure you know that we are mates...." I just smiled at her and said " Hi Zia. I'm Jack. And yes beautiful, I very well know that we are mates. " She blushed and averted her eyes to look around. She looked somewhere to her left and smiled softly. Following her gaze I saw that here friends were smiling and talking to their mates i.e my friends. I smiled as well, happy for my friends. " I'm so happy for them. They deserve all the happiness in the world. " " Yeah they do...."
She looked towards me and said, " I don't know what you think of having an alpha as your mate but I can't let go of my pack, so if you want to reject me please do it now..." I was shocked into silence listening to her words. When I didn't say anything for some time, she just looked down, nodded her head and got up to leave. I shook my head and caught her wrist. I pulled it towards me softly but firmly such that she fell onto my lap. The tingles all around was soothing. I turned her head towards me and said " I'm not going to reject you because you are an alpha. You most definitely are the most beautiful person I met and I'm not going to be an idiotic narcissist and reject you. " She let out a slow shaky breath. Smirking, I led my mouth near her ear and whispered " I personally think the alpha power makes you look even more sexy. It reassures me that after marking I won't be the only one who will have traitorous thoughts about my mate because of my wolf." She widened her eyes and blushed furiously. " I- I.. I'm ggoing to go get a drink " she got up and scurried away. I simply smirked. I saw her friends sitting beside their mates suddenly go stiff and their eyes fog simultaneously. They are mind linking with Zia I guessed. They whispered something to their mates and when I thought they will leave as well, I was shocked to see my friends get up and move towards the bar. " Zia wanted to talk to them. I guess it's something similar to what we wanted to say to you. I'm Lara, the beta of the Westmoon Huntress Pack and this is Jenny, our third in command. "
One of them said. " What did you want to talk to me about? " I asked softly. They were Zia's friends and I didn't want to upset them, eventually upsetting her. Lara took a deep breath and said " its kind of personal but important. This is not something between an alpha and the beta and third of another pack. It's more like between the mate of our best friend and her best friends. Zia is very possessive about the pack and so are we, that's why before we came here all three of us decided to ask our mates about their thoughts on us being leaders of a pack. Seeing that you accepted her, we just wanted to thank you. " Jenny continued "Zia has seen a lot in her life, it's not something in our place to tell, but being in the same position you can understand what a toll it can take on a person to bring a run down pack to the second position in the span of three years. She has lost a lot and that has made her a little hard core, but under that she is very soft. So please, just take care of her and give her time. You'll know everything about her and the pack as the time comes." she finished looking at me with a pleading look in her eyes. I smiled softly and nodded saying, " I'm her mate and I'm not one of those people who say that women can't rule a pack. I was very proud of her today when I saw the results and you don't have to worry about me rejecting her for that reason. You see, I have my flaws, I'm not perfect but I will try my best to be the perfect mate she deserves. " They both smiled softly and nodded. Just then Zia returned with my friends and took her seat next to me. I pulled her onto my lap and wrapped my arms around he slim waist. She froze for a second but then melted and moulded her self into my arms. We just sat and talked for sometime about random stuff. At one point she started laughing on a joke by Paul, that sounded like music to my ears. Ace was purring happily as we got a chance to hold our mates close. After sometime, I whispered in her ear " Do you want to go out for a walk? " she shivered a little and I smirked. Turning towards me she said "Yes please, I need a break from this crowd." I nodded and we headed out after informing our friends.