Chapter 14

Zia

My mood was at an all time low by the time I got down the stairs. As I overlooked the arrangements, I kept glancing at the door, waiting for Jack to turn up. I had been on regular contact with my border team, just looking out if he decided to leave without informing me but there had been no such news. When I was relaying instruction to Luke, I suddenly felt him step out. He was a magnificent sight, something for my literally sore eyes. Wearing a white v-neck with dark wash jeans, he looked every bit the powerful alpha he was but his eyes were stormy. They were plain furious. But it only steeled my decision while secretly hoping that he'll stay long enough to hear it. Our rift didn't go unnoticed by our friends. Just out of respect for me, they maintained their distance from their respective mates. But I was planning on not letting it drag any longer. We quietly went through the motions of the announcement about our mates. Elder Edna literally hooted from among the crowd and screaming, "Go Alpha! Good one you got there!" All I could do was chuckle good naturedly. After everybody dispersed to have fun and dinner, I caught Jack's hand and turned him to me. "Please Jack, I need you to come with me. I have to tell you something." He simply stared at me, long and hard and then mindlinked someone. "Lets go" he said. All I could hope at that moment was...........

Please don't hate me...................

Jack

I had made it clear to everyone around me that I was pissed, not y screaming but just by keeping quiet. When Zia announced about us being mates, one of her pack members had hooted, "Go Alpha! Good one you got there!", I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to be upset, incredulous or plain amused. It was a battle to keep a laugh from spilling out. But as soon as I realized the situation, I sobered up. When Zia approached me and caught my hand, all I could think about was her warmth for a second. But looking into her eyes when she asked me to go with her, I knew somethings were going to change today, drastically. I wasn't sure whether I wanted answers now or not. I didn't want to be abandoned again. I knew I won't be able to take it. But I went with her. I owed it to all the troubles my mum went through to keep her life grounded. I owed it to her...