Chapter 19

Jack

I was plain confused about what was going on. Ace was whimpering continuously in my head. I really couldn't understand what has been happening for the last three hours. As soon as Zia blacked out, Lara and Jenny got out of their stupor. In breathless words, they asked me to carry her back to the pack house. As soon as we reached her room, I laid her down and moved out of the way for the doctor to check her. He was an old fella, professional and curt. He kept asking questions as he continued his check up, with Lara promptly answering them all. It went something like this.....
"How long was she in that mode?"
"About twenty minutes..."
"Did she hit anything in that time period?"
"No she didn't, she was just growling continuously...."
"Did she hit her head hard when she fell?"
"No, actually Alpha Jack caught her just in time...."
At this point he turned towards me and nodded his greeting. "That was very helpful Alpha Jack. We could avoid a possible concussion." I simply nodded back. After he left, I went and sat beside an unconscious Zia. She seemed to be stable, breathing evenly.
I swiftly turned towards Lara and Jenny. "What was that?" I growled out.  They looked scared but composed themselves quickly. Lara seemed prepared to answer, "Alpha Jack, we had a situation today. Logan had put up a message on a tree and Zia just lost control. It was something about Amber, that-..". There was a sudden yelp and I turned just I time to see Zia awake and going into a panic attack. She was breathing hard and her eyes were wide with panic. "Amber......I need to find her. Where is she?" Lara and Jenny reached her and started calming her down. I was getting agitated so I just stepped up in front of her and forced her to look into my eyes. "Zia, calm down." She just froze mid-rant and started taking deep breaths. "Now tell me. What happened?" She just shook her head and slowly lied down again. She explained me the situation - Logan, the note, Amber's disappearance. "But your wolf? Why the purple eyes?" I asked.

Zia

I just sighed hearing Jack's question. He thought it to be my wolf.

"Actually, that's more of me than my wolf" I said, trying to make it sound like an explanation and failing. When he just frowned harder, I sighed and got ready to explain. " It is something that I've had since my birth. Even before I connected with my wolf, I had this side of me, an angry one that could not be controlled. My eyes turned purple, while my vision stained blue and I would start growling like it was my wolf. But it actually is me doing so, my wolf herself is quiet at those times, trying to absorb the anger. She takes the brunt of that side of mine, such that I faint out of exhaustion every time I become the other me."

Jack keeps looking at me dumbfounded. I ask Lara to give us some privacy in my mindlink. They quietly walk out the door, leaving me alone with Jack. I just close my eyes and wait for his words....