Chapter 12

"Natsu! Whiskers!" Happy shouted with worry, "Now do you understand, little fly? Your fire can never defeat wind!" Erigor said evilly.

   "This is intense, it's like standing inside a typhoon!" Natsu said, "Yeah." Naruto agreed, "It's time to blow your flame out for good!" Erigor shouted.

   Natsu and Naruto gritted their teeth, holding their hands out trying to block the wind. "Now Storm shreds!" Erigor shouted, sending a bunch of wind like shards at the two boys.

   Naruto and Natsu both evaded the attacks each time it came at them. Naruto landed back down, while Natsu charged at Erigor again.

  Erigor chuckled, as Natsu struggled to break through the winds. "I have to break through!" Natsu shouted, but was sent back down hard, slamming in the tracks.

   "Natsu! Are you alright?" Naruto asked, "Yeah, but I can't get close enough to even punch this guy, now what?" Natsu said in despair.

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Feeling a little frustrated? Don't be too hard on yourself you never had a chance against me! But don't worry, I'm gonna put an end to this now, my soaring phoenix magic rips everything apart. Emera Baram!" Erigor shouted again.

   "That's a dangerous spell Natsu, Whiskers, whatever you do, don't let it touch you okay!?" Happy warned. But Naruto didn't care.

   Naruto held out his hand with his other hand holding his wrist, and a blue shaped ball formed. Natsu noticed and was curious. "What are you doing Whiskers?"Natsu asked.

   "I'm going to cancel his spell!" Naruto said, "What?" Natsu asked, "Nevermind, just focus! Don't get sidetracked!" Naruto snapped, "Right!" Natsu said, returning his focus to Erigor, who was just about ready to attack.

   "Whiskers! Anytime now!" Natsu shouted, Naruto having finally finished his rasengan, charged at Erigor at a quick speed and leaped into the air while Erigor was getting ready unleash his attack.

   "Be careful Whiskers, that's a dangerous spell!" Happy warned, Naruto heard what Happy said and continued towards Erigor, he finally reached him and just as Erigor was unleashing the Emera Baram Naruto unleashed his rasengan just in time.

   "Oh no you don't! RASENGAN!" Naruto shouted, slamming into the Emera Baram, causing the two attacks to collide, sending Naruto back down to the track. Naruto laid there, groaning in pain.

   "No way, you actually canceled the Emera Baram with yours, but how?" Erigor asked in shock, "Nice one buddy, are you okay?" Natsu asked, walking over and extending a helping arm to his whiskered friend.

   Naruto took Natsu's hand and hoisted himself up. Naruto chuckled, "Because I know, two of the same element natures cancel each other out, I knew that the Emera Baram was a wind style spell and my rasengan was a wind style jutsu, and so I knew that those two attacks would cancel each other out." Naruto explained.

   Erigor grunted in frustration, "Alright, good job Whiskers!" Natsu said joyfully. "Now Natsu, I have a plan on finishing Erigor." Naruto said, still panting hard.

   Natsu noticed and got worried. "You okay Naruto? Why don't you let me handle this, you've done enough, first you fought entire guild, you sealed an entire wind barrier, you saved me from falling and you just used a strong attack." Natsu said with concern.

   Naruto chuckled, "Don't underestimate, the Leaf Village's number one Knuckle-headed ninja Natsu." Naruto smirked. Natsu was shocked, and smirked back.