Chapter 24

The guildhall could only be patched up with mere wooden planks. 

   "Man! This stinks!" Member 1 of Fairy Tail said in dismay. "I can't believe we had to retreat!" Member 2 of Fairy Tail added.

   "It's so frustrating! We should go back! We have to get revenge for what they did to Levy!" Member 2 said. All while Natsu, Lucy and Naruto listened to the frustrated Fairy Tail members in concern.

   "Okay so their headquarters is here, so I'm thinking we can try and hit them with some long ranged spells from this southeast hill." Macao suggested.

   Naruto scoffed quietly.

   "I'm bringing out all of my explosive lacrimas!" Wakaba noted, while packing lacrimas into a brown bag.

   "Hey guys! I'm gonna need some spell books for a holder-type magic from the archives!" Macao shouted. 

   Gray looked over, to find Lucy still feeling down about the whole situation. "Don't worry, we'll get them back for this." Gray assured.

   "I know, I'm not worried about that, it's just...all my fault." Lucy mumbled. Naruto looked at her sympathetically. 

   "Being targeted by dangerous people is just one of the downsides of being rich. Least your protected by a real man...like me!" Elfman said.

   Naruto sighed, "Just stop." Naruto said irately. "Yeah, give it a little rest already!" Gray added.

   "I gotta say I was shocked when I heard the news, why'd you hide the truth from us Lucy?" Happy asked in concern.

   "I wasn't trying to hide anything! I mean there's no way to bring up that I'm a runaway in a casual conversation, I've been gone for a year and my father hasn't cared! Now all of a sudden, he wants to force me to come home?! He's done all those horrible things just to get me back! I hate his guts!" Lucy said angrily.

   Everyone looked at her sadly, feeling sorry for her. "Still, if I hadn't run away, none of this would've happened." Lucy said, getting even more sorrowful.

   Naruto bent over and pulled her in for a comforting embrace, Lucy widened her eyes. "It's okay Lu-chan, this is no one's fault. It's not your fault that you ran away. It's just how life is. Sometimes, it just won't go the way you wanted it to go. Please don't keep blaming youself. No one is at fault. No matter what, we will protect you at all costs. We will protect each other at all costs." Naruto said, trying to comfort her.

   Lucy nodded, pulling herself gently away from Naruto's embrace. Everyone smiled at Naruto's touching words. "Oh Whiskers, always the sweet talker." Natsu said playfully.

   "Plus, I can't really see you playing the pretty princess, sittin around in your mansion. Laughing in this filthy guildhall, going on adventures even though you freak out all the time, always clinging onto Whiskers when your scared. That's who you really are." Natsu said.

   Lucy widened her eyes even more, Naruto chuckled and smiled at her. "You did say you wanted to stay here right? Why would you ever want to go back to the place you ran away from? You are Lucy Heartfilia of the Fairy Tail guild." Naruto continued.

   "Yeah, no more running because you belong here with us!" Natsu finished.

   By time, Lucy was starting to break down into tears. 

   "Aw, don't cry, it's just not like you!" Gray said. "Yeah please, real men are weak to womanly tears!" Elfman added.

   Lucy bawled into Naruto's jacket, "I'm sorry." Lucy cried. Naruto sighed, smiling. Makarov walked over, "Don't you worry child, Phantom Lord will pay for their deeds!" Makarov assured.