Chapter 15

"Deliora." Gray said, "You sure this is the demon your master sealed away?" Natsu asked. "There's no doubt about it." Gray confirmed.

   "I wonder why it was transported all the way from the northern continent to Galuna Island." Happy wondered. "You don't think this demon could have something to do with the island's curse do you?" Lucy asked.

   "It may be enclosed in ice but that thing is still alive!" Gray warned. "Sweet! Give me a go at it, I ain't afraid of no stupid demon!" Natsu said confidently.

   "You know, brute force isn't the only way to solve the problem Natsu." Lucy sighed, "A little fire ought to do the trick!" Natsu said, striking a nerve in Gray as he widened his eyes and punched Natsu out of pure anger and fear, his eyes shadowed by his bangs.

   Natsu groaned, "Gray just punched Natsu!" Happy shouted, "Well this wouldn't be the first time he's done that." Lucy said not surprised.

   "What's the deal! What'd you hit me for Gray!?" Natsu asked and but stopped when he realized Gray was being dead serious.

   "I don't want you and your flames anywhere near it! If that ice melts and Deliora is revived, there is no way we'd be able to stop it, hell, I don't even think Whiskers can." Gray said.

   "Come on, do you really think a huge chunk of ice would be that easy to melt!?" Natsu pointed out. Gray sighed, "No." Gray said.

   "Hey are you okay?" Lucy asked Gray worryingly, walking up behind him and placing her hand On Gray. "I'm the one that got hit for no good reason, watch your temper man!" Natsu shouted with irritation.

   "Please, you're one to talk." Happy noted. "Many years ago my master Ur, cast a spell called "ice shell" on this demon, enclosing it in a form of ice that can't be melted, it's so strong that even the most powerful flame spells have no effect on it. If they knew the ice couldn't be melted, than why did they bring it here?" Gray wondered.

   "Well maybe they didn't know, they might've brought it to try to melt it somehow." Lucy said. "Why would they do that!!??" Gray shouted angrily again, slightly frightening Lucy a bit.

   "Um, I have no idea." Lucy said nervously. Gray sighed, "I just don't get it, who would bring Deliora here and more importantly why!?" Gray wondered again.

   "We need answers, let's go find those guys." Natsu said. "Yeah, okay." Lucy agreed. "No! We're gonna stay here and wait." Gray demanded.

   "Wait for what?" Happy asked. "For the moon to come out." Gray answered, "The moon!? But it's in the middle of the afternoon! Forget that! If I have to hang out here all day I'll die of boredom!" Natsu said, not knowing he was being ignored.

   "Wait, why does the moon matter?" Lucy asked nervously. "I have a feeling that the curse on the island and Deliora are somehow connected, and I heard those guys we saw say something about collecting moonlight." Gray replied.

   "I heard that too, I guess waiting till nightfall is the only way we're going to find out what's going on." Lucy sighed. "I'm not waitin! We got work to do!" Natsu demanded, but immediately fell asleep on the ground.

   "Well that was fast." Lucy deadpanned, "Aye." Happy agreed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Must be nice, he doesn't have to worry about anything but eating, fighting and sleeping." Lucy said, sitting down on a rock with hew elbow resting on her thigh and her chin resting on her hand. "Aye, that's Natsu for ya." Happy said.