Chapter One

**Anna's POV**

My eyes flutter open. I feel weak, and my mind is a blur. I look at my surroundings, I have no idea where I am. Well, come to think of it, I don't know much of anything. I think as hard as I can.

My name. My age. My home. My family. My friends. I don't know anything.

Suddenly, fear overwhelms my body. I look around, examining every picture, of course I wouldn't know if I was in any of them. My breathing gets heavy, my heart beating faster, and tears come to my eyes.

There's a knock on the door and a tall boy enters the room.

"How are you doing?" He asks. His voice is deep, and smooth, and...British.

"Uh.." Is all I say. He takes a step closer and I back away, for the first time realizing I was in a bed.

"I won't hurt you." He says.

"Who are you?" I ask. He seems a bit shocked. Maybe I'm supposed to know him?

"I'm Harry." He says. It's silent.

"Who am I?" I say finally.

"You don't know?" He asks. I shake my head. "Well, I found that on your wrist." He points to my arm. A beaded bracelet wraps around my wrist with the name 'Anna' is spelt out on it. "So, I'm guessing it's Anna."

"Anna..." I say, trying to remember something, anything. I look up at him, taking in his features. His eyes are what caught my attention the most, a beautiful shade of green. I don't know who this boy is, but I felt as if I cared about him. "How do I know you?"

"Well, we don't really know each other, but I can tell you, you are one of the most important people in my life." He says, holding onto something tight in his hand.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's complicated." He says.

"Where am I?"

"My home." He says. "I found you outside, I didn't know where else to take you."

"So, you just found me outside? Where? I sound different from you so I'm obviously not from here, so why am I here, in your country? Where am I from? I don't even know how old am I. What am I supposed to do? If you just found me, then how come I mean so much to you? And why does my head hurt?" I had so many questions, that I knew he probably couldn't answer.

"Well, for starters, your head hurts because you're bleeding." He says. I lift my fingers gently to my forehead and I feel blood. He hands me a wet washcloth and I dab it to my wound. "I called a doctor, he's coming over to look at you, make sure you're okay." He says. "And I honestly, I don't know the rest of the answers to your questions. I wish I did, but I don't."

I sigh, looking down. He gently sits next to me.

"Everything is going to be okay. You'll remember things. And I'm gonna be here for you." He tells me. I look into his eyes, getting lost in them for just a moment.

He gets to his feet and walks to a dresser, pulling out a couple things and hands them to me. "Here, you should get out of those dirty cloths." He says and exits the room. I slip off my dirty long sleeved white shirt and grab the t-shirt. It's interesting. It says Rolling Stones across the top and it has a mouth with a tongue sticking out. I wonder what that is? I slip on the shirt and notice marks on my arm, they look like cat scratches, maybe? There's only a few. I shrug it off, and stand up, almost loosing my balance, changing into a pair of sweat pants. I frown as to see the pants are a bit snug on me, okay more than a bit, they barley fit around my waist. I make my way to the door and open it.