Chapter Eight

**Anna's POV**

I sit in this cold dark cell for the fourth day in a row. I haven't spoke to anyone and I have barley touched the food. I bring my knees to my chest, crying again.

The longer I'm left here, the longer I'm left with my thoughts. The more I think that I really did do this. I have no memory, so for all I know, I did.

I look up as I hear the cell door slide open.

"Come with me." The cop before me says. I slowly get up, following him up a set of wide stairs. I look up and see him. Harry is standing there with a smile on his face. I look up at the cop who smiles and nods. I run up the stairs, throwing my arms around Harry's neck. How amazing it is to be in his arms. I feel safe again.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We are bringing you two to a safe house until we can find who did this, so follow us." A man in a suit says. Harry intertwines his fingers with mine as we follow them outside to a dark car with tinted windows. The door is opened for us and we crawl into the backseat, buckling up. Harry puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder.

This feels amazing. It's like Harry and I fit together perfectly. It takes us about two hours and over eight car switches before we finally reach a small house. A plain white one, only one or two windows that I can see. The door is opened for us to step out. I take a deep breath, finally taking in the fresh air. Beautiful. I look at the trees, the grass, the sky. It's all so beautiful. I look up at Harry, smiling.

"Come on, let's get you inside." A young cop says, leading us inside. "My name's Peter. I'm gonna be on watch tonight."

Here I stand, in the middle of this tiny house. A bathroom and a bedroom to my right and a kitchen and living space to my left. And that was it. And I was stuck. In a house for who knows how long. No outside. No internet. Just TV, movies, and board games. You'd think I'd be used to it, but I'm not. I longed to be outside. To enjoy fresh air. To go shopping like the girls in the movies. Harry must understand what's going through my mind because he slips his hand into mine, giving me a comforting smile. I faintly smile back.

*****

I scan through the movies that line the bookcase, looking at each one, deciding if the title has hooked me or not. Most of them aren't. I think it's because I've watched so many movies the past month, I don't think I can handle another one.

"Finding anything interesting?" Harry asks from behind.

"No." I pout. He slips his arms around my waist.

"You know, we never got to finish what we started last week." He whispers, sending shivers down my spine. The kiss. We almost kissed. Butterflies soar in my stomach. He slips his hand into mine.

Beep. Beep. The officer's walkie is going off. I forgot about him. I look at Harry. He knows what I'm thinking because he lets go of my hand and steps slightly away. My heartbeat slows down and I instantly wish he was close to me again. Harry sits on the couch and I make my way to him.

"So, we're back to where we started." He says.

"Yeah, I guess so," I pause, "Harry, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Why were there all those people outside your house?" I ask. He sighs and looks at the wall. "And why were they all yelling your name?"

"I don't-uh, probably because I was on the TV."

"For hiding me?"

"Yeah, something like that." He tells me. He still hasn't looked me in the eyes.

"You say that a lot. 'Something like that'" I say. "You're so vague sometimes."

"I know, it's complicated."

"Complicated, how?" I ask. "I want to know things. Did you know that I was a suspect?"

He pauses before answering. "Yes."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"Anna, I don't want to fight."

"Just tell me. Why are you hiding things from me?"

"There's a lot, I'm sorry, but sometimes I just, I just can't tell you sometimes."

"Why? Why can't you tell me?"

"There's just, there's things I'm not ready to tell you," he says, looking into my eyes, "and believe me, I want to, I want to tell you everything, but I can't, not yet."

I sigh. I want to know why he's doesn't want to tell me, but I understand, I need to respect his wishes. I lay my head on his shoulder and he puts an arm around me.

"I'm really happy I met you." He says suddenly. I look up at him and smile.

"I'm glad I met you, too." I say.

*****

I lay in bed, trying to get to sleep, but my mind is racing. I hear Harry come into the room.

"So, uh, I was just gonna grab a pillow, I'll sleep on the couch." He grabs a pillow and opens the door, letting the light in.

"Harry, wait," I sit up, looking at him. He looks at me. "Can you stay in here? I mean, I'm scared and like I don't necessarily want anything to happen, considering what I found out about that night, I guess I just..." I stop talking, realizing I'm rambling.

"I know, you're scared, and I'd never try anything," He says, walking towards me. He sits down, pulling some covers over him. "Just, lay down, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He says softly, pulling me closer to him. I smile. I feel safe.

*****

It's pitch black. No light. I feel as though I've had a full nights rest, but I don't know. There is no window to show me the sun. I look next to me and see Harry sleeping peacefully, lips parted as he softly snores. I smile. I gently trace his jawline with my finger. His eyes flutter open and he yawns, causing me to yawn as well. He laughs lightly.

"Is it morning?" He asks.

"I don't know," I reply, my finger still tracing his jawline. He places his hand softly on my cheek.

"You know, we still never finished what we started, and the wait is killing me," he says, bringing my face closer to his. I look into his eyes as he looks back into mine. My heart is racing, pounded, about to explode from inside me.

Knock. Knock.

"Seriously?" He sighs. My heart slows its pace as Harry gets up from the bed. He's upset. I can tell.

*****

This chapter wasn't very eventful...sorry, but yeah, it's gonna get exciting!!

Comment and vote?

Stay strong,

Izzy xx