Taking Off

"Did you pack everything? Extra clothes in case I decide to throw you in the water again? Perfume that smells like lavender? It's my favorite kind you wore when I lived in California. Do you have the family credit card? You know your sisters will get pissed if you lose it. Oh! Before I forget did you pack-"

❝Quentin, love, I'm in the taxi right now heading to the airport with my parents. You do realize that even if I forgotten something, I could just buy it in New York? Also, you're meeting my parents at the airport.❞

"Wait. I'm meeting your parents at the airport?! Babe I'm not ready! I need to plan my outfit, I need to get Jackson and the rest of them out of the house, oh my god I need to clean there's so much cheese on the walls!"

❝Cheese on the walls?❞

"Let's just say the way Jackson and Henry got back together took a turn, but in the end their now very happy together! So, don't worry about the cheese I'll clean it! Oh no."

❝Please calm down everything will be fine, but I have to ask what is wrong now?❞

"What if your parents don't like me? What they think I'm just some homeless kid that has holes in his shoes?"

❝Q, do you have holes in your shoes right now?❞

"...Yes."

❝Buy new shoes before we get there. My parents are laughing at you in the backseat.❞

"Tell them that I can afford real shoes! Please! They have to like me!"

❝I'll let them know...later.❞

"Baby..."

❝We have to catch our flight now, but I'll call you the moment we land okay?❞

"Okay, okay, I'll speak to you soon."

❝Alright see you soon, I love you!❞

"...WHAT. WAIT."

❝...❞

"Nerissa? Did you just say you loved me back? I mean, I'm so happy because I was getting worried, but dammit why aren't you interrupting me?"

❝...❞

"You did not just hang up on me after you said I love you! Who does that?! ...Oh wait I did."