Mystery Text ~9~

Louis POV

Harry sat next to me in the expensive car. The street lights shown bright and the cars were flashing past us. Harry really should not have been driving. I'm in much better condition, but he insisted he drove us to the X-Factor. I wish he would have let me. I don't want him to get hurt.

The silence int he air was hanging over us. It wasn't awkward. It wasn't comfortable. It was just ... silence. Harry wasn't talking to me, he was thinking to himself. I was thinking too. Thinking about my father, the audition, Harry, and a giant list of other things. All of these things were negative and they were depressing me. I wish I could stop thinking about these putrid things, but I can't.

I switched on the radio, hoping it would calm my mind. Harry looked at me with shiny gleaming eyes. Was he tearing up? I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's wrong Hazza?" I asked with a smooth tone. He looked at me and clenched his jaw. He turned back to look at the road and closed his eyes tight for a moment. I watched as a tear slowly trickled down his cheek. The radio DJ introduced a new song with a booming voice.

I waited for Harry to answer. He sat there staring down at the road, with a cold expression. "Everything. I hate myself for not getting up and helping you. I'm so mad at myself. Watching you and your father through the curtain broke my heart. I can't believe myself for letting that happen. Louis I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you," his words were sticky through his thick tears.

My lips parted slightly, I looked at him with glossy eyes. I could feel tears threatning to fall down my tanned skin. "It's not your fault Harry. My father nearly killed you! What he did to me isn't your fault either. Don't blame yourself for this. I love you, and there is nothing you have ever done to hurt me. I have and always will love you no matter what," my voice was rough. My throat was on fire, since I was holding back tears.

"No Lou. It is my fault. I couldn't be strong enough to help you. It's my job as your boyfreind to protect you, but I couldn't even do that" -a large tear rolled down his cheek and he shut his eyes tight- "I love you so f**king much. I don't deserve you, but you still love me," he cried. I couldn't hold the tears back any longer. I let them fall freely.

"Listen to me Harry. You didn't do anything wrong. What happened between my father and I is not your fault. I love you. I love you so so much," I told him. Harry parked the car in the back of the building where the fans can't go. Harry looked at me with his lip quivering. I pulled him into a tight hug. I listened to him cry as we sat there together. The moment of greif was posponed by a knocking on the window behind me. I left Harry's grasp to see who it was. It was a girl, a young girl. She was waving and smiling. I rolled the window down to see who she was.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You're Harry adn Louis! I'm just a fan of your band! Your audition was amazing! I'm voting for you!" she yelled. Her face went from smiling and excited, to a frown and confusion. "Why are you boys crying?"

"It's nothing really love. Thank you so much for voting though," I said with the best smile I could scrounge up.

"Your welcome. Well um could I maybe get a picture with you lads?" she asked. I was shocked. It had been only one audition. Were we really that good? I looked at Harry, waiting for his response. He nodded and got out of the car. I wiped up my tears and threw on a picture ready smile for the girl. 

Once she took the picture she waved goodbye and left to go back to her friends. Harry and I walked into the building hand in hand, making sure there were no cameras around. As soon as we opened the door Liam came running to us. "W're on in t- what happened to you guys? You look awful," he said. 

"Gee thanks Liam. We'll tell you later. Right now we have to focus on singing," Harry sighed. 

"Are you sure? You look pretty roughed up Harry. You too Lou you look tired as anything. Both of ya look like you been cryin," he said.