Sandcastles

Chapter 17: Forgiveness, Sandcastles
Beyoncé POV

January 20th

Jay and I have been going to marriage counseling 3 times a week. I told him that I'm still considering a divorce but he just ignored me when I said that. I can tell he's trying to win my heart back, he's been home more often, he's been on his phone less, he even buys me flowers.

I pulled up outside of my mother's house because she wanted me to come over for lunch.

"Mom." I called out as I walked through the house.

"I'm in the kitchen Beyoncé." she said.

"Hi momma." I said then embraced her in a hug.

"Beyoncé baby."

"Why did you call me here?" I asked, sitting at the kitchen table.

"For lunch." she said in a duh tone.

"Mom, I don't see no food and you never call for lunch."

"Your father told me Jay cheated." she blurted out.

Damn. He run his mouth too much.

"Yeah he did, we're working on it though." I said not really wanting to talk about it.

"Beyoncé don't keep your feelings inside. You can talk to me, I'm your mother."

"It's just so much mom, I'm tired, everyone thinks we're the perfect family and we're not." I said breaking down, with tears streaming down the my face.

"Beyoncé do you love him?" she asked .

"Yes."

"Are you happy when you're with him?"

"I don't know.".

"Are you happy?"

"Yes."

"Do you really and truly want to be with him?"

"Yes."

"Then go get your husband."

***

"Jay!" I yelled as I entered the house.

"I'm in the room!" he yelled back.

I went upstairs to our room to see him laying on the bed watching TV.

"I wanna talk." I told him. He turned off the TV and gave me his full attention.

"There's so much love in this relationship and I don't want that to wash away and go down the drain." I said getting straight to the point.

We build sand castles
That washed away

"When you left me I was so hurt, I cried for 3 days straight. I was hoping that everything was a dream and I would wake up with you next to me."

I made you cry
When I walked away

"I promised, I promised myself that I wouldn't stay in this relationship if you ever cheated. But I can't stay away from you." I said with tears streaming down my face.

And although I promised
That I couldn't stay
Every promise don't work out that way

"It's just something about you Shawn Carter that won't allow me to leave you and forget you."

What is it about you?
That I can't erase baby

"I know I hurt you Jay and broke your heart but you hurt me and broke my heart too."

And your heart is broken
Cause I walked away

"I'm willing to stay in this relationship Jay if you are. Show me your scars baby and I'll stay."

Show me your scars
And I won't walk away

"Baby I'm sorry for cheating but I promise nothing like this will ever happen again. I love you." he said sincerely.

And I know I promised that I couldn't stay
Every promise don't work out that way

"Shawn Carter, I forgive you."

~~~~
COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE!!!