Act 3 - Part 1

Nick

After the incident with Demi, I stayed out of her life. It killed me to not reach out to her, but I didn't want to mess things up with her or myself, for that matter. I had gotten over her, or so I thought, but hearing the real reason she broke up with me, kind of fucked me up. Every once in awhile, the reason would pop into my head & I'd be overcome with sadness & regret. It was happening less frequent, now, but it did still happen.

October of 2017 seemed like a lifetime ago. That was the last time I saw Demi. October 19, 2017, to be exact & now it was July 9, 2019 & I hadn't really thought about her in a long time. I thought about her, a lot, for the first few months, after that day in October & thought about reaching out to her several times, but I never did. I forced myself to stop thinking about her. Once upon a time, I thought her & I were destined to be together, but now I knew that wasn't the case. We were meant to meet, but she wasn't the one the universe, had chosen for me, to be with, for eternity.

I was sitting in a plane, leaning on a pillow, waiting for the plane to take off, from Florida,  when I heard my name

I was sitting in a plane, leaning on a pillow, waiting for the plane to take off, from Florida,  when I heard my name. I looked up & saw Demi standing there, in the aisle, with a curious smirk on her face. I hadn't seen her in a year & a half, but she still took my breath away with her beauty. I hadn't been in her presence for a long time, but my heart still fluttered, seeing her before me. That mouth, more specifically, the lips. Those gorgeous brown eyes. So many feelings came rushing back, making it impossible to speak for a moment.

 So many feelings came rushing back, making it impossible to speak for a moment

I cleared my throat & sucked in my breath. "Demi? What are you doing here?" I asked, chuckling from the disbelief that she was here, on the same plane that I was on.

She looked up to check the seat number, then grinned at me. "This is my seat." She nodded at the seat beside me.

I pointed at the seat beside me as I watched her with a furrowed brow. "This seat?"

She nodded, her lips twitching as she smiled, softly, clearly as amused by this coincidence as I was. "Small world, huh?"

"Yea, it sure is." I said, chuckling under my breath. I watched her, in awe, as she put her bag in the compartment over our seats, then I stood up. "You go ahead & sit by the window. I know how you love the window seat."